🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelan...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
5c51a701
Community Member

I would really love to get started with a review, thanks 🙂

------------------
Architect Omer M,

Yeah, but how do you get started? many clients won't even look at your proposals if you don't already have a JS rating. I reduced my fees to the minimum and I have a complete portfolio and I always submit well-written proposals yet I still can't get started. Do you have any tips for that?

------------------
Architect Omer M,

Architect Omer M wrote:

I would really love to get started with a review, thanks 🙂

You should not have your profession in your name. Use a closeup picture without a filter on it. The machine voice over in the introduction video sounds VERY cheap, better just remove the video completely. Don't sound too needy in your proposals. Other than that the profile looks good.

Thanks for your kind review 🙂

------------------
Architect Omer M,
jasperautencio
Community Member

Hi there, 

Does anyone can give me feedback on how to get noticed by the client on my profile so that I cannot waste my remaining connections I am running out of it. Hoping someone can give me the advice to improve my profile/overview. Thank you in advance, I will appreciate all your help.

Hi all,

I would like to have advice on how to get my profile visible to the client so that I can't spend too much connects I'm running out of it. Hoping that someone can help me. Thank you in advance, I appreciate all your help.

7d58023f
Community Member

I would appreciate some feedback. thank you

Hey Josephine,

A few things I can comment on your profile is editing your bio and listing your skills in a bullet format for clients to easily see what you can do. Additionally, you might want to add a few more projects to your portfolio. The more quality work you have, the better.

Thank you so much
badaruu
Community Member

Hi. I Would really love for someone to go through my profile

badaruu
Community Member

Hi. I really need a feedback

6613d4a6
Community Member

Hey Abubakar,

They are a few changes I can suggest on your profile. Firstly, your bio is long, chop it up a bit and remove fillers. Get rid of the first paragraph and start with "Within the years, I have honed my experience..". List your "areas of copywriting" in a separate paragraph and list the skills included as bullet points. Your last paragraph should be "I look forward to working with you and assisting you in any way possible in improving or promoting your business and also future interactions". Delete all the fluff materials before and after that sentence. Edit your bio to be short and concise without a client having to guess your skillset.

Another thing you can do is add more projects in your portfolio. 

brianagaba
Community Member

Hello, kindly help me go through my profile. I need your feedback. 
Thanks 

Your profile is informative and I don't think I can suggest any changes to it. However, is there a portfolio of work you could attach? For instance the websites you assisted in providing research and data entry?

Hi Aman,

Thanks for the comment, however most of the work i have done was done under a company and I have restrictions to display this information on this platform. I have done alot of work but unfortunately i cannoot display it.  How shall I have to prove my experence to clients since this might not be possible.

Thanks 

radhev
Community Member

Dear fellow Upworkers,

I'm new to the platform and could use your experience to improvise my profile, kindly have a look and suggest how could i make it more professional and appealing.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks
Radhe

b6973bff
Community Member

Hello!  I would like to get feedback about my profile.

I will appreciate it. Thank you!

Hey Dasha,

I like the amount of content you put in your portfolio and I believe that's what clients like to see. As for your bio, may I suggest describing your skills in a bullet point format so clients can easily see what you can offer. In addition to that, adding any work experience adds some professional credibility as well. Cheers.

badaruu
Community Member

Hi. I would really appreciate a feedback on my profile

Thank you very much!

Hi Sir,

Thanks for the advice.
Have a blessed day.

Sheryl
hon_rain
Community Member

Many thanks for giving me feedback for my profile.

7feb6738
Community Member

Hi All,

Would really appreciate if anyone can review my profile and revert with any suggestions.

badaruu
Community Member

Hi. I would really love a feedback on my profile

shellows
Community Member

Hi Sir,

Good day!

Can I ask for feedback regarding my profile. If there is room for improvement please let me know.

Thank you so much!

Hello Sheryl,

If possible, please add or break down your intro into paragraphs, bulleted point so its easier to read. Also try to get some testimonial from clients you have worked with outside Upwork. A portfolio or a site name for which you have provided your services at some time would be great as well.

Regards,

Israr

oikizkaya
Community Member

It is great then. I am new and experienced in the market as well. Can somebody help to check my profile and give some feedback, write testimonials.

thanks in advance.
2641142f
Community Member

Hi Everyone! It's been a month since i have created my profile at UpWork and have been sending number of proposals to the Clients but not able to find my first contract yet. Can anyone guide me in that regard specially how should be a cover letter and how could my profile be more attractive so that it can catch up the contracts. Thanks!

I have the same problem but havent found any solutions yet 😞
kiranmuzaffar
Community Member

Hello, I am new here. Please check my profile and tell me what is missing out.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Kiran, Make your specialized profiles. Add some of your past work in portfolio and Intro Video if you can. Moreover, Do add projects to project catalogue and further you have much area to improve. 

joydyuti
Community Member

Can anyone review my account and say what are the things I should improve? And what is stopping me from getting the first client...

Hi Joydyuti 

I'm also new, so perhaps I'm not the best person to give you advice.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but you have "CCS3" as a skill. I asume you meant css 3?

Also you list a lot of skills and tools you can use, but don't say what you can do. The average client might not know what Laravel, PHP, Query, etc means. But they will certainly know what you mean if you say "I build data driven websites that have a quick load time. I build websites that can cope with loads of traffic." ETC.

I think your profile sounds like you are advertising to a fellow engineer, and not Truck Driver John who wants a website for his new stamp collection business.

Again, take my advice with a pinch of salt.

Your profile seems much good as  a starter. Now improve it, like diversify it. Add languages like Hindi or Tamil or Urdu whichever you know. Moreover Add projects to catalogue and add a video of your intro. 

Add  Food : The main focus to win a an interview is How you write ur proposal. 

That I don;t know how u do?

48e700d7
Community Member

Hi Im new and would love to hear what else needed on my profile to be seen by clients and how it should be done. Thanks

Hi Tele, I saw your profile and it seems much OK as compared to other new comers. 

1. Kindly try to add some few Technical word of your concerned field as a Main topic along with 

Sales and Marketing
2. Try to make an Intro Video if you can.
3. Add more languages (If you know)
4. Make your portfolio so that Clients may get to know which level of work you can do.

Feel free to ask me anything that I know and Thank Upwork
2563b487
Community Member

Hello everyone, I am so happy to join the Upwork family. Please have a look at my profile and share some feedback. 

Thanks,

Margaret

Hi Margaret , I saw your profile and it seems much better as compared to other new comers. 

1.Try to make an Intro Video if you can.

2. Focus on your project catalogue. (Imp) 

3. Add more languages (If you know)
4. Make your portfolio so that Clients may get to know which level of work you can do. (Imp)

Feel free to ask me anything that I know and Thank Upwork
jessicaveri
Community Member

Hi! Can someone review my profile please?

design_bar
Community Member

Hi,
Could you please give me a feedback? I'm new to Upwork as a senior you should help newbies to beg their long journey in this field.

Thanks In advance,
Zakerul
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths