🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting no views even though my profile is se...
Page options
shahriariqbal56
Community Member

Getting no views even though my profile is set to public

Hello everyone. I am new on Upwork and still trying to figure things out. I have already gone through the video tutorials and the Get Started articles on support.upwork.com. I also took the Readiness Test at the very beginning and completed my account. But even after doing all these and even though my profile visibility is Public, I haven't had any view other than from the clients to whom I have submitted a proposal.

So, I wanted to ask, is there anything I am missing which is preventing clients from viewing my profile? Do clients even view the profile of new freelancers for sending invitations to bid? Most of the articles I came across talk about making a fabulous profile and a portfolio. But when I see that no one is even viewing my profile, let alone the contents of the profile, then it really becomes depressing.

Any suggestions or criticism regarding my profile would be highly appreciated. At least I will have something else to think about.

Thank you for your time and for going through my post.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Shahriar I wrote:

So, I wanted to ask, is there anything I am missing which is preventing clients from viewing my profile?

There are many, MANY tens of thousands of freelancers in your category.

The search pages only includes 20 at a time.

Few people go beyond the first few pages, and even thouh profile visibility is rotated, with so many freelancers in your category you will not be on the first few pages very often.

Thanks for the insight. Even if I try to learn a new skill to add to my caliber, it will take quite a bit of time and by then my account will already be private. Kind of feeling closed into a corner at the moment. Can't quite figure out what to do, but thank you for your reply.
bizwriterjohn
Community Member

Hello.
Your profile is nicely written, to the degree it need be.  Touching, in a way.

Add more graphics examples to your profile.  Selling graphics is selling the visual.  Show them a lot of visuals.  Draw personal pieces if you need to.  Eight to ten is sufficient.

I am fortunate in that I have years of experience and get a lot of views and a lot of invitations and blah-blah-blah.  That is the boring part.

The exciting part is waking up on the days appropriate, knowing it is time to scan through job listings and prepare my responses.  I visualize two other people doing the same, and I commit myself to making their freelance-work-winning-lives as miserable as I can make them.

Invest more time in the high-quality job posting responses and less time flooding the airwaves.  Write personal responses, recite some part of the job listing, respond to it as if you are having a dialog with the prospective client. You communicate beautifully.  "Speak to them".

Someday, most probably, the time will come when you have your profile views and you are getting your invitations and so on.  If you commit yourself now to almost fanatical competition to win work, you will look back upon this point in time and know something special.  That time -- this time -- you were at your best.  You did what you had to do to win. You outworked your competitors, you out proposed them, you out-thought them, and you won.

I remember those days.  There we some of my best days.

Now go get your mind clear, become a fanatical competitor, and play the game to win.  Not be picked out of the lineup.  Play the game to personally win.

Oh, good news.  There are a lot of competitors in your category of services.  That means you get to celebrate even more in whatever ways are appropriate for you --  when you win the work and they do not. I consider it good news when I have a lot of competitors, not bad news.  The good news being, more went up against me -- and I beat them all.

Focus on that more and less on how many people are in your category.  More people you can beat. It may keep you warm at night, thoughts of this nature. If, that is, you chose to be a fanatical competitor and pursue job listings as if your bank account depended on it.

Which, as it turns out - it does.  Now go pursue success and stop waiting to be picked out of the lineup.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths