🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to Upwork
Page options
baltistani_
Community Member

New to Upwork

Hello Everybody!

I am new to upwork and have sent number of proposals but no client responded to me, it seems that newcomers always fail here to get first job?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
robin_hyman
Community Member

You know what I first thought when I reviewed your profile?  "Ah another expert graphic designer from abroad".  You're one in a million here.  You need to stand out and create reasons why clients should hire you and not the other top rated freelancers on the platform.  

It could take months before you land your first job and I'm just being realistic.  Some never earn a cent.  

bizwriterjohn
Community Member

I tend to be more toward the tough competitor side.  At your price point, $7 per hour, and given the obviously skill you show in your portfolio, you should be stomping on U.S. designers at 3x, 4x, or more your rate.

1. Add more pieces to your portfolio.  Wow them with depth and bredth.

2. Alter your profile  Why would you state the obvious. You are new to Upwork.  What business value does that message bring?  Why advertise the obvious?

Let's have a do-over here.  Try something like this.
---------------------------------------------------

Greetings! To briefly introduce myself:

I am an expert in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign. I have worked for more than (x) years in these specializations and have completed more than (y) projects.  In my portfolio, you will see work that indicates my attention to detail and displays the creative capabilities I deliver. 

One of the hallmarks of my service is close communication with my clients so they understand how their projects are progressing. Good creative work starts with listening.  In all of my project start-ups, I provide time for deeply exploring your graphics needs and then translate this into an actionable work plan that ensures on-time, on-budget delivery.

You have many choices for graphic design talent.  My hourly rate is economical, I communicate well in English, and you will find me easy to work with. 

Thank you for your consideration.

---------------

There. Something like that will better position you.  By the way, I am a writer and ate my crayolas in grade school so I can't draw worth a darn. We all have our skills. Words are mine, drawing is yours, happy to lend some skills.

Next. Copy your next proposal into a private email and send it to me.  I will send back comments and we will get that cleaned up next.

John.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths