🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Getting work
Page options
198e51f6
Community Member

Getting work

I recent submitted a proposal and they messaged me and told me to message someone on telegram .. the only thing he had me was to watch a video on how to type document up answer some questions (name,  address like where am I located , and skills ) then after I was “hired” my assignment is to covert 200 written images to a document. But the payment method isn’t verified and I haven’t got an offer they upwork.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sullivanliz
Community Member

It's a scam, you should stop communicating with them and flag the job post. Then read everything you can about the scams that abound online.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sullivanliz
Community Member

It's a scam, you should stop communicating with them and flag the job post. Then read everything you can about the scams that abound online.

Thankss so much! 

sofia2008
Community Member

You are not allowed to communicate outside of Upwork before being formally hired on Upwork. It is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Services. That is a first great action to keep you safe.

Navigate the site to learn more about how the site works to make sure you know about the rules.

Thankss so much 

JoanneP

Hi Alasha,

In addition to the helpful information shared with you in this thread, you can read more on this help article; also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. You might also want to check out the information here to learn more about staying safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths