🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Hello! I'm new here and I've some doubts
Page options
0365b861
Community Member

Hello! I'm new here and I've some doubts

Hello, I'm Raffaele, nice to meet you!

I'm new here and I've some doubts, I hope you can help me!

My situation:

Actually I'm working for a company in Spain like normal employee with payroll, also I work for another company as a freelancer but I'm not self-employed, because until now I've did the invoices with a coopertive called Acentoo.

My earnings with that extra company is 10k for year more or less (so no too much).

The problem is that with Acentoo the taxes and commission are too expensive...

So I decided to try Upwork, my doubts are: Do I need to be self-employed to use Upwork? Do I need to declare this extra money (10k more or less)? Is it worth using Upwork for this amount of money?

Thanks so much

1 REPLY 1
colettelewis
Community Member

You would need to ask a Spanish tax expert how tax for freelancers works. However, you will need to provide Upwork with your tax details if you want to avoid paying VAT on top of  Upwork's service charges. You will also be required to fill in  a DAC7 form, which is a  European Union tax directive which will affect you if you have only just joined Upwork. Have a look here: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/23852018972819-Report-income-in-the-EU-DAC7

But you really do need expert advice, although I expect a Spanish freelancer will be able to give you more information, if they see your post. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths