🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How Can I get my first client on UPWORK?
Page options
patrick-bagina
Community Member

How Can I get my first client on UPWORK?

Hello everyone, 

I come to spend more than 100 connects applying on Logo and branding works,

unfotunatly, I don't even interviewed for any of jobs I applied for.

I am looking for adiveces and also if it is possible how to get refferrals too.

Regards

Patrick

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
f060d2cf
Community Member

Hi there! I am very new too but I got my first two commissions. I was offering my services for free in exchange of a review, they ended up paying because they liked what I did but this is a good way to get your first review and I guess an easier way to get your future commissions too. 

Don't do this, it is against the rules and you will get banned. Also working for free is only going to drive down your potential for earning later. The sort who will come to you will want your labor for as little as possible.

It's not working for free free since like you said it's against the rules and Upwork doesn't let you. But you can start with the minimum or low budget (that's what I did). People won't pay you lots if they can't trust you, so i'ts a good way to build up trust through reviews. Also if you still think I'm wrong, give us some advice on how to get our first customers since you seem like you know a lot!. Thanks 

Thank you very much to advise to us How I can get my first client on UPWORK,

tell us how we can get referrals

Thanks

Patrick

759e32fa

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths