🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How can I find work?
Page options
1860d59e
Community Member

How can I find work?

Hello guys, I recently joined Upwork. I have sent proposals almost 10 for jobs, but till now I did not get a job. how can I get Job, please advise or help me. Thanks,
Md Jasim Uddin

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Community Member

You send 50 proposals, 5 gets viewed, you get hired for 1.
Thats the ratio I have experienced. You keep sending and improving your proposals and you will start getting hired soon enough.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Community Member

Thats the ratio I have experienced. You keep sending and improving your proposals and you will start getting hired soon enough.

Thanks for your advice

But what happens if I run out of connects which are required for proposals? Especially if I wasn't hired yet by my previous proposals?

Hi Jean!

You can always buy more if you run out of connects. You won't get connects back which you used to apply to jobs.

Jean Helen, you need to do something about your profile before you bid for any more jobs.  If you buy connects you will be wasting your money. 

I can only assume from your profile, that you are not in the least interested in finding work on Upwork, so I would suggest you get serious about how you want to move on with your life. 

(I would also suggest to Upwork that it gets serious about who it verifies. This sort of profile brings down all the real professionals, clients and freelancers alike.)

Pls how can I get a job??

Good luck

Nabeel A wrote:

Nabeel A wrote:

Nabeel A wrote:

How to get started

christopherbudde
Community Member

Jean, I took a look at your profile. I seems to be designed to drive people away from you. It is, without a doubt, the strangest profile I have seen here.

Yes, I am quite aware of that. I have trust issues with anyone, especially when I became aware of scammers and such. I had to hardened myself too but I am sure you wouldn't understand, but that's ok. You don't need too also I am quite aware that I am strange I take those words as compliments. I understand that in the real world, especially when it comes to jobs and business, you must act professionally. No one will understand. I don't need a chance nor a second one, I don't need to be accepted if I am seen as an outcast and a weirdo. Then so be it, but I will still help others if they needed it, may it be giving advice or helping them sort things out. Mostly in the forums anyway. You can block me if you see fit, I expect no less from professionals and respected personels such as you.

Hiring clients don't care about personal issues. They want the specified work done to their satisfaction for the amount budgeted. Anything else is just noise. Your profile and proposals should reflect this. Anything else is a waste of time and connects. 

where is the problem with my profile; please advise me so that I can fix it. Thanks

Um, sir, I don't think he was referring to your profile. I think he was addressing mine. Because he mentions "Jean" which by the way is my name.

🙂

How Can i Solve it?
2079670b
Community Member

i am also new here. already send 7+ proposals but didn't find any job. I am Fiverr level 2 seller. but struggling here to get my first job 😞

Hi Rakibul. 7 proposals really are not a lot. I looked at you profile and would suggert:

Cut down on the services list to say 5 or your specialities.

Apply only to your specialities list. 

Get your proposals in as quickly as possible. Don't bother with more that have 20-50. Small chance you're will be read.

I'm my portfolio I use art board images as opposed to fancy display templates. This is just my opinion but has worked well in the past. Layouts like these are what are being proofed and purchased.

good luck!

Rakibul I wrote:

i am also new here. already send 7+ proposals but didn't find any job. I am Fiverr level 2 seller. but struggling here to get my first job 😞

Seven proposals is nothing. You will have to submit many more before you get at least one interview.

6c8443fc
Community Member

I'm new at upwork polese help and look my profile whai should i do

1a245074
Community Member

Iam also very new to upwork trying to find my way around. 

986e0585
Community Member

same problume faceing bro

2dfec243
Community Member

Keep submitting proposal u will find work this week 

32c2170e
Community Member

Review my profile no one views on my profile also parposel views are not come 

4eaf797c
Community Member

I have completed my profile 100% but  my purposal are rejected all time now my connects are also finished but I didn't get a work. Any one please suggest a thing what I have to do now?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths