🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How do clients see Freelancer's proposal for ...
Page options
adb40519
Community Member

How do clients see Freelancer's proposal for a job?

I am quite new here in Upwork but working outside as a freelancer for 10 years now. I just started my Upwork journey last December 2020. Thank goodness, It took only a few weeks for me to land my first job, have a rising talent badge, and be hired for 2nd-4th long term job. Sadly the 2nd and 3rd job that I have can only give me limited to no work per week so I have decided to apply for other work.

This is where the struggle started to show-up. I already applied to 62 jobs so far with only 2 responses yet but none of them hired me. I would like to ask if theres something wrong with my profile or how do the clients see my proposal, is there something to improve on. I also checked My Stat and it says that I am hired "Less Often", viewed "Less Often", and interviewed "Less Often"

I am looking forward to work on a full time basis here in Upwork and to work for more clients overseas. So I would like to ask for your opinion and advice on what are the things I need to improve so I'll get noticed. Also, to know how Clients see our proposals.
2 REPLIES 2
tlbp
Community Member

Don't present your profile in 3rd person. You should be aiming to convince and convert rather than present a resume-style summary. 

Clients initially only see the first two lines or so of your profile summary. Use these lines (and the rest of the summary) to tell people what you can do for them. Avoid closing jobs once they are completed, let the client do it. Whoever closes the job must leave feedback. Not having feedback won't hurt you, but getting good client feedback on your profile can help. 

adb40519
Community Member

HI Tonya,

Thank you for your feedback, I have done your advice and change my summary to 1st from 3rd person.

I think closing my first project is one of the earliest mistake I've done here in Upwork and thank you for giving me awareness on this.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths