🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » How to Invoice on Upwork? UK Talent.
Page options
kerems
Community Member

How to Invoice on Upwork? UK Talent.

Hi, I'm quite new here. So, I'm sorry if this is an ignorant question, I'm just trying to get a hold of how the platform works.

I run a non-VAT registered Limited company in the UK and as common sense, I do the work and invoice the customer on normal terms.

But how does that work on Upwork? If I get a job here, do I invoice the customer for the full amount of the work? Or do I invoice Upwork because they are the ones paying me on paper?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Kerem S wrote:

If I get a job here, do I invoice the customer for the full amount of the work? Or do I invoice Upwork because they are the ones paying me on paper?

All payments must go through Upwork. If you were to invoice a client directly, that's actually the quickest way to get your account permanently banned. You should read all available resources before placing any bids - this is a good place to start: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067578-Getting-Started

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Kerem S wrote:

Hi, I'm quite new here. So, I'm sorry if this is an ignorant question, I'm just trying to get a hold of how the platform works.

I run a non-VAT registered Limited company in the UK and as common sense, I do the work and invoice the customer on normal terms.

But how does that work on Upwork? If I get a job here, do I invoice the customer for the full amount of the work? Or do I invoice Upwork because they are the ones paying me on paper?

Thank you.

It's a completely automated process,, no need for any of the above. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths