🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to write responsive proposals?
Page options
alitahir8
Community Member

How to write responsive proposals?

I have been struggling with proposals for 6months. I have no response from anyone, please help me out to resolve my problem. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
caitlindoney
Community Member

Hi there

There's are a number of Youtube videos that are very helpful. 

My suggestion would be to look through a few and go from there!

I'm in the same boat as you, best of luck going forward!

Hello.

Actually, I've gone through multiples videos and implement the process on my proposals. Bu8t it didn't work out for me. 

Well best of luck to you if you may get the order after learning from the helping videos

kinector
Community Member

I would recommend exactly the opposite of what Caitlin is suggesting. Most of the videos you will find give you a simplified answer that makes most newbies believe global freelancing is easy.

It's not. Sorry to inform you both.

Nobody can tell YOU how to build YOUR business and how to make it unique and relevant to your dream customers.

All that we longbeards here could ever tell you is some generic and purely theoretical set of principles and steps.

Try to understand what you offer to whom. You should only target those who need you most. And this being a global game, you must stand out somehow... globally. All other options lead to insane competition that doesn't allow you to grow your business. It's just going down sooner or later. 🙄

I see you make wonderful illustrations. So,
how many (thousands of) other illustrators are you competing with? Are there any differences in businesses who need illustrations and mostly prefer to outsource all that work? Which of those companies should you target that others with similar skill set might not yet be targeting? What do they get from you that they cannot get from anyone else in THIS marketplace? How do you position YOUR service compared to all others in the same field? What type of activity could you offer that enables rather than provides a minor cost saving to your client's business?

I can only offer these kinds of theoretical questions that hopefully helpful you together your business on track. You need to figure out your own unique way here and elsewhere.

I hope it works out. All the best. 👍

Hello. Thank you for taking out time for me. 

Indeed! this is now worldwide. The competition is getting tough day by day. I guess I don't have the art to talk to clients. Like my proposal may not be attractive as the other But meantime, as you said, I have to figure out what I can offer to clients that stands me out from the others. 

I have hired dozens of artists on Upwork.

When deciding who to hire, I don't read anything they write.

I look at their portfolios and base my hiring decisons on that.

That doesn't mean that you shouldn't write cover letters in your proposals if there is a space for you to write something. I'm sure there are many clients who read cover letters written by artists.

khanadil29
Community Member

The content is also uploaded by the Upwork channel on youtube that is sufficient and best for you. Further, there is a lot of content in every language is available on youtube. 

Hello Adil. Can you suggest me some? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths