🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I am new to Upwork.
Page options
b771fc4e
Community Member

I am new to Upwork.

Hello, Everybody.

I hope all of you are doing well.

I just started to work on upwork and got to know that this is very good and wonderful platform for me.

But I do not exactly know how to improve relationship with clients and to get upwork certification.
I would appreciate if anyone could teach me.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
9486af42
Community Member

Hello my friend,

First of all, welcome to the Upwork. 
And I am happy to see that you have questions. As they say the people who asks are the people who win!

Now, I believe your next step should be to visit Upwork academy.
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Academy/ct-p/Academy

And just learn the basic things there.

I am sure it will help you.

My best wishes.

Kind Regards,
Rahul 

aa15fbb3
Community Member

Welcome to Upwork! Building positive relationships with clients and obtaining Upwork certifications can enhance your success on the platform. Here are some tips:

Building Relationships with Clients:

1. Effective Communication:

• Communicate clearly and promptly with your clients. Understand their needs and provide regular updates on your progress.
  2. Professionalism:

• Be professional in your interactions. Respond to messages and requests in a timely and respectful manner.
  3. Quality Work:

• Deliver high-quality work to meet or exceed client expectations. A satisfied client is more likely to give positive feedback and rehire you.
  4. Ask for Feedback:

• After completing a project, kindly ask your clients for feedback. Positive feedback can enhance your profile's reputation.
  5. Client Education:

• Educate clients about your process and set clear expectations from the beginning. This helps in avoiding misunderstandings.
  6. Adaptability:

• Be adaptable and open to feedback. Clients appreciate freelancers who can adjust to their needs.
  7. Long-Term Relationship:

• If possible, express your interest in long-term collaboration. Building ongoing relationships can lead to more consistent work.

Upwork Certifications:

1. Skill Tests:

• Take Upwork Skill Tests to showcase your proficiency in specific areas. High scores can boost your profile visibility.
  2. Upwork Readiness Test:

• Complete the Upwork Readiness Test to demonstrate your understanding of Upwork's policies and best practices.
  3. Certified:

• Consider taking specialized certifications related to your field. Upwork offers certain certifications for freelancers in areas like web development, graphic design, etc.
  4. Upwork Courses:

• Explore Upwork's courses and resources. Completing these can enhance your skills and make you more marketable.
  5. Regularly Update Profile:

• Keep your profile updated with new skills, experiences, and certifications. This shows clients that you are committed to ongoing learning.

Remember, success on Upwork takes time, so be patient and persistent. Continuously refine your profile, adapt to client needs, and strive for excellence in your work. Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths