🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Don't get scammed! Don't take jobs outside Up...
Page options
e6cc3874
Community Member

Don't get scammed! Don't take jobs outside Upwork!

I've been hired for some translations. I worked 4 days for 40 pages. And the person whome you can see in the screenshots wanted me to pad 100 dollars to receive my payment. Dont work outside Upwork people. I was my first time and i didn't know. They delete messages from Upwork, once you contacting them on Telegram. DO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING ON TELEGRAM.

Their mail adress is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Ozlem,

Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service. This is a common tactic scammers use to take advantage of freelancers. Additionally, accepting payments outside of Upwork is considered Circumvention and is also against the rules.

A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Whenever you encounter these situations, please flag them as inappropriate so the team can investigate them further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork, and visit this blog post from our Community member Wes for common red flags for scams.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths