🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Verifying a telephone number
Page options
Danielle K Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
Chinazo A Community Member

Hi,

I did not receive the phone number verification code to complete my profile registration. Please can someone help?

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Chinazo,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Molly S Community Member

Hi there! I’m trying to create a profile as a freelancer, and the text isn’t being sent to verify my phone number. I’ve triple checked and I’ve put the correct number in. How can I get my phone number verified?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Molly.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Sitao M Community Member

It said that my phone number is already used. How should I do?

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Sitao,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Oveana D Community Member

I'm trying to register my phone number to my account but it keeps telling me that my number is already in use with another account. Can this be fixed?

Hi Oveana,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Amelia Y Community Member

Hi , 

I have been trying to confirm my phone number but I do not receive text messages to confirm my phone number. Can you help me please

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Amelia,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Michael C Community Member

Hello, I am creating an account as a freelancer and I'm on the final step. It tells me my phone number is in use, but that shouldn't be the case. Now I am stuck and cannot seem to continue.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Michael,

I've shared your concern with verifying your phone number with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Dilshod A Community Member

Hi. My name is Dilshod. I'm a freelancer.  I'm want to verify the telephone number. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Dilshod,

Phone verification isn't an option available for all users on Upwork. If you are required, you will receive a notification requesting you to do so. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Timothy L Community Member

I signed up for the wrong account, I signed up for a client account instead of a freelancer account. I closed the client account and opened a freelancer account but now it says that my phone number is being used by another account. 

How can I fix this?

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Valentina L Community Member

I can’t seem to verify my phone number even though I haven’t used it before. Help please !

Hi Valentina,

It looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number just recently. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Iurii R Community Member

I want to add for account verification my phone (one linked to PE) but I can't add it due to invalid country code.

Hi Iurii,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Iurii R Community Member

Thank you, Bojan but I don't have changes after I clear cache - to be specific - I want to edit a "span.country-code"  element but it is locked and I can't edit it.

Hi Iurii,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Alex D Community Member

Hello,

I am having this same issue, can someone from the support team please contact me?

Thank you,

Alexandra Dorn

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alex.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Sydney S Community Member

I created my account yesterday and it says my phone number is being used by another account--I used to have a different Upwork account that I went in and deleted yesterday, but it still won't let me put my phone number in my new (this) account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths