🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
Danielle K Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
Stephanie N Community Member

It's strange.  I changed my number in the info portion and had a verification code sent to me.  But when I wanted to look for work, it took me back to my profile and said that I have to verify my phone number.  It had the old number in there.  So I put in the new number that I have verified, but it says to put in another number and shows the prior old number listed. 

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Stephanie,

Can you please clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser? If you still see the same old number and not the newly added one, please let us know so we can check further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Rob S Community Member

I'm having the same issue verifying my phone number. Please help ASAP.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Rob,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you shortly and assist you further with your phone verification process, thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Nidia C Community Member

Hi, I have been trying to set up my profile but after several attempts have not received a verification code. Any suggestions?

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Nidia, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with your concern. 

~ Avery
Irina P Community Member

Hi Upwork team!

I didn't get the verification code to my phone number.

Is there another way to verify it?

Thanks

Thank you for reaching out to us, Irina.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Master S Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork, while setting up new account system is asking for a phone to receive verification code.

It is adding incorrect area code to the number even before I enter anything. Please help

Regards,

Hi there,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you to assist you with your phone verification process.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name and profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Kevin M Community Member

I'm having an issue verifying my phone number. It seems like other people have this problem also. It says my number is verified but then it says my profile isn't complete and that my number isn't verified and that I need to verify my number. I'm stuck in an endless loop. Please help. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Aleksandar D Community Manager

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Jinni B Community Member

Janis B  - I am having the same problem.  My profile setup is stuck on the phone number.  It claims someone else is using my phone number.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Jinni,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Luke R Community Member

Hi, I'm currently stuck on the phone verification page of creating my profile. No matter how many times I enter the number I want to use to verify, it says it's unable to do so. Is there any way to resovle this issue?

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Luke,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via support ticket, thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Masood Q Community Member

Hi,

I couldn't verify phone using Google voice number. Please help.

Thanks,

Noman

Thank you for reaching out to us.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Jinni B Community Member

I am having the same problem.  Can someone message me to help me delete the phone number from my old profile (which I can no longer access), so that I can enter the same phone number to go with my new profile?  I am stuck in limbo and cannot submit any more proposals.

Hi Jinni,

A member of our team reached out to you already via email and is awaiting for your response. Kindly check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. Once they have more information about the issue you're experiencing, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Kirt M Community Member

Can you tell me what I need to do to get verification when I do not own a cell phone?

Thanks

Kirt Markle

**Edited for community guidelines**

Preston H Community Member

Try Google Voice, which provides a free phone number that you can use to receive and send text messages.

Petra R Community Member

Preston H wrote:

Try Google Voice, which provides a free phone number that you can use to receive and send text messages.

Better to connect with Support than use methods which have already been flagged as being a work-around for people who say they are in places where they are not.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kirt.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Nyla A Community Member

I got a prompt to verify my phone number but it doesn’t send a code or call. I keep on resending and trying my second number hoping to figure out how to get the precious numbers and alas I got locked out. Please help me.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths