🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
stewart_scott
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an account, but when I click the verify phone number button, nothing happens--no text, no indication that it worked, nothing. I've tried a number of different browsers too, and that doesn't help. Thanks for your help,

Stew

Hi Stew,

I'm going to forward your concern to the team so that they could reach out to you directly and assist. You'll receive an email notification when they do. 

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello,

I am not receiving the verification text message. Please help.

Hi Adrian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist. Thanks for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
edwardsanthony
Community Member

On your application process, it requires a cell phone for a confirmation code but I only have a landline. How can we overcome this obstacle? is there a number so that I may call you or give you my landline number for you to call me?

Hi Anthony,

I shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly in completing the phone verification process. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
benshult
Community Member

I am not receiving the verification code that's supposed to be texted to me during my profile creation

Hi Benjamin,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
9d3ccd6e
Community Member

Hi, I am not recieving the text message verification code so I'm unable to finish creating my account. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shani,

It looks like you were able to successfully complete your phone verification process. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
james_iserman
Community Member

Not off to a great start here. Didn't even get through profile submission before the buggy system refused to cooperate.

I got an error message when I submitted the code to verify my phone number, and now when I log in it gets stuck at the page https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/v1/submit with no content.

Hi James,

I checked this for you and was not able to replicate the issue you're describing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi guys, I'm not receiving a verification SMS either. Could you maybe check on your side?

Attached are API request responses (maybe it could help you to check).

Thanks, Ron

// Software developer

Hi Ron, 

Thanks for sharing these here. I'll go ahead and share it with the team. In the meantime, I've shared your account with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further wither your concern.

~ Avery
Upwork
jacky925
Community Member

Not able to set a security phone number - create a profile

Need help

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacky, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
letgarcia
Community Member

I get this error message: 

This number is being used by another account. Please provide a different number.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leticia,

A member of our team reached out to you already via email. Kindly check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. Once they have more information about the issue you're experiencing, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ksheemah
Community Member

Hi

I didn't receive a verification code on cellphone after clicking on verification. No matter how many times I try.

Thanks,

Sheemah

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheemah, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
nataliauxd
Community Member

I'm having the same issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Natalia.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
pedro_pais
Community Member

Hello Community,

I have been trying to very my phone number without success. 

My location is UK but my phone number is SPAIN. It does not allow me to change the international code for UK... How can I do this ? It is the last step to finish my profile ?

Thank you

pedropais@yahoo.com

Hi Pedro,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already verified your phone number. Could you please let us know if you still experiencing issues with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
5485f8e2
Community Member

Hi . I changed some info in my account but now can't save it because of pone confirmation.Thanks

Hi Jef,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
sjspencerdesign
Community Member

I am being told by the system that my phone number is in use by another account. I don’t know which account but if it’s an old one of mine, I would like it closed and my current account to have the correct number assigned to it.

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
melkatec
Community Member

Hi. I am trying to set up an account on Upwork but when I get to the part where it needs my phone number to verify, I don't receive a verification code. I have triple checked to make sure my number is right and everything else. I am not sure what is going on. Please help!

Hi Melissa,

I've shared your account details with the team, and one of our agents will reach out to you via ticket to assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ccampcarol
Community Member

I'm not receiving the verification text in order to finish setting up my account. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carol, 

~ Avery
Upwork
danielle_peter52
Community Member

Hi,

Please help!

I just set up a new account. I reached the last step: to enter my phone number and receive a code so I can verify my new account.

I am receiving an error message saying that my number is being used by another account. How can I fix this situation?

I tried setting up a Google Voice account so I could enter a different phone number, but I am not receiving the verification code at the Google Voice number I set up.

Thank you in advance for your help!

HI Danielle, 

~ Avery
Upwork

That's great. Much appreciated. I am available to talk most of today.

Thank you,

Danielle

ryan_rpw
Community Member

When I try to verify my phone number it won’t send me a code- so frustrating! Does anyone know how to fix this?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ryan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
huangkenni
Community Member

Hi, I'm experiencing some problem with getting a verification code via text message. How would I go about this?

Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kenni,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
raillion
Community Member

When setting up my profile information, it told me my phone number was in use by another account and will not let me proceed.
I had previously set up an account here as recommended by my instructors at Independence University in Utah. I don't think I had my profile finished before I lost power. I don't know if that would have anything to do with this or not but I am very confused and frustrated.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths