🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shaunalee,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your old account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
kmbowers17
Community Member

Hi - I am trying to apply for freelance work, but I am unable to complete my application. When I enter my phone number for verification, I get an error message that says "This number is being used by another account."

I don't remember having ever signed up for an account (unless it was years ago when I had a different last name/email address, but I have no memory of that) and need to be able to apply. I saw in looking back at the forum that other people have run into the same problem. Can someone please help? Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kaylea, 

I"ll go ahead and share your account information with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you further with your concern. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I went back through my email history and found the email address I had used to apply to Upwork in 2018, but then never did anything with my profile. I figured out how to log back into the old account and erase it. Once so erased the old account I was able to successfully activate my new account with my cell number. Hope that helps! Good luck!!
alexia-woodward
Community Member

I set up my account a few months back but I did not finish everything. I went to work on it today, and turns out I put the wrong phone number as my contact number. The account wants to verify the number, but I can not do that since it will not let me change the number. 

Hi Alexia,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ji001
Community Member

I am not receiving the text verification code either.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jonathan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
whitneydubose
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to set up my account, but when I click the button to send a verification code to my number, nothing pops up on my phone. I've double checked that it is the correct number, but even after hitting the button multiple times, I still haven't received a text.

Hi Whitney, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
spiesar
Community Member

I am trying to verify my phone number, but it keeps telling me that I failed to verify that number and I have to use a different number. I have no other number to use. So unless this is fixed, I will NEVER be able to start an UpWork account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Amanda.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alexia-woodward
Community Member

The link sent to me via my original post took me to the same page that I have been on. When in my profile, it asks me to verify my number before moving on to the next step. When the phone number pops up, there is already a number entered in the box and it is the wrong number, making it so that I cannot verify it. When I go to enter the correct number, it does not save it and go back to the wrong number.  

Hi Alexia,

A member of our team reached out to you already via email and is awaiting for your response. Kindly check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. Once they have more information about the issue you're experiencing, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
5ef1883d
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to sign up to be a developer on UpWork. I've submitted my phone number

**Edited for community guidelines**but I never received a text verification. Please advise.

Thank you,

Jeff Hill

**Edited for community guidelines**

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, Bojan Can someone reach out to me too? I recently have a new number and want to finish my profile, but attempting to send a verification code to my new number is impossible and upwork still has my old mobile number. Thanks,

Hi Morris, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, unfortunately. I am still awaiting for someone to reach out to me. Will this be via email? or in a private message. I am looking to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Hi Morris,

A member of our team reached out to you already via email and is awaiting for your response. Kindly check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. Once they have more information about the issue you're experiencing, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
scotpagevo
Community Member

trying to verify. number is used w a different account, that is correct. I have 3 different jobs I perform. Can you allow this same phone number for verification?

Hi Scot,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
6eab9726
Community Member

I am trying to register an account. However, I am stuck at the creating profile stage (https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/v1/baseline/) as I do not have a cell phone to receive text message to verify my account. Is there any other way to verify the account? Please help.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yuhua, 

~ Avery
Upwork
millielindsey
Community Member

I’ve been trying for months and once I click verify it does nothing. No texts were received to verify, I don’t even have that email anymore to get responses sent to.

Hi Mikaylah, 

~ Avery
Upwork
reactdev1
Community Member

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Savana, 

It looks like you are going through an issue with phone verification. Could you please share more information about your concern so that our team can assist you further? 

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

Hello all - I'm a client on Upwork, but I'm also trying to add a freelancer account for myself; however, when I get to step 10 of 10 (phone number verification) and input my cell phone number to receive a code by text, I get an error message stating the number is already associated with another account. Well, of course it is, since I'm already a client...does anyone know how to resolve this? Until this is fixed, it appears I cannot even log into my client account, because the site keeps redirecting me to step 10. Your help is appreciated.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Scott,

I checked this for you and it looks like you were able to successfully verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
mattrrawlings
Community Member

I can't complete my profile.  Can you help?  The site will not except my phone number so I can move on

Thank you for reaching out to us, Matt.

~ Bojan
Upwork
0544f480
Community Member

Hello! I'm experiencing the same issue and would love to verify my phone number so I can complete my account.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vanessa,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I'm also experiencing a phone number verification problem!

Hi Craig,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
newschoolseo
Community Member

I need to verify my phone, but it sends me computer language instead of a code to my SMS. 

Hi Betsy, 

~ Avery
Upwork
shingloomy
Community Member

I can't insert my personal phone number to have my code security.

The message is:

You have exceeded the number of send attempts for this phone number. Please add a different number or contact Customer Support for assistance.

Hi John,

One of our customer support will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths