🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I didn't receive a text message verification ...
Page options
danielle_kress
Community Member

I didn't receive a text message verification code

**Edited to Update - this thread has been closed from further replies due to its size.**

I pushed the verify phone number button and have yet to receive my verication code. Will someone from the admin team please contact me. 

2,981 REPLIES 2,981
adcb03dc
Community Member

Hi, to verify my account, i have to enter my phone number. I forgot i had created a profile with a different email so it didn’t let me use the same phone number. I went ahead and logged out and then logged onto my previous account and closed the account. 12 hours later, it is still saying that the phone number is being used with another account. Could you please assist?

Thank You

sitakarn26
Community Member

Hi... When I enter my phone number I get the message that the number is used by another account and to please enter another one. This is my phone number. I cannot complete my application. Please advise.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sita,

It looks like you have successfully verified your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
raul_altarescu
Community Member

Hello,

While in the process of finalizing my Freelancer profile I have reached the step 10 (phone validation code)

Despite several attempts I have not received any code therefor I am unable to finish and submit my profile.

Would love some help with this issue.

Steps taken already:

- refresh website

- resubmit request

- change phone number setting to the same phone number

- restarted phone

- test SMS service on phone

- delete cookies for website

- try service in incognito

If you have nay other ideas or could tell me how to reach proper troubleshooting for the website I would appreciate it.

Regards,

Raul

Thank you for reaching out to us, Raul.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
madeline-donahue
Community Member

Spoiler
Hi,
I am trying to create an account and with through my entire profile and then when I had to put my phone number in to get the passcode it said it was already linked to another account. I don't believe I've ever made another account and can't access it to delete it. 

Hi Madeline,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kahaubrich
Community Member

Hello,

I need to verify my phone number. Can anyone help with this?

Cheers,

Kyle Haubrich

Hi Kyle,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
barondenise
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to complete my account setup. My husband already has an account with our only telephone number for his account. I went to put the same telephone number in and it replies "this number is already being used for another account". This blocks me from completing my account setup. Please help, it's our only telephone number, we are setup with different email accounts, but need to use the same telephone number. Thanks, Denise

Hi Denise,

One of our agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you in verifying your phone number. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
scott_a_huffman
Community Member

I finished making my account and tried to verify my phone number, but it tells me "phone number is in use". I haven't been able to find a way around this, so any help would be appreciated. 

Hi Scott,

One of our agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you in verifying your phone number. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ndub80
Community Member

I signed up for Upwork a couple months ago. I didn't have time to manage my account for a couple months. I recently tried to log back in and my email/password combo were not working....due to inactivty, no idea. I was unable to do a password reset. I created a new account with the same email address but now I get stuck at Step 11 where it is asking me to verify my phone number.

I used the same phone number when I signed up for the first time but now it won't allow me to use the same phone number because it's saying the phone number is already being used by another account.

I just want to be able to log in with my original email and phone number but can't get past Step 11.

How do I speak with someone directly at Upwork? I would like to simply have all accounts deleted under my email address so that I can start from scratch.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Noah,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your previous account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
magdalena1995
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to upload my profile as a freelancer. What is the code for the phone number if I am working from London, UK?

Hi,
Use proper format like
(004) 4xxxxxxxxx
Note: add brackets as well
Hope it works:)
magdalena1995
Community Member

Hi,

What it the format for Uk numbers? I can't upload my phone number.

(004) 4xxxxxxxxxx
carmen_may
Community Member

Hi there, I made an account on Upwork a year or two ago, and I put my parents' landline phone number as verification, thinking it would ring (either that, or the field filled populated with my parents' phone number automatically, I'm not sure; at one point it was saved in my Google account). Obviously that did not work (I'm assuming it's text message verification only). 

In any case, I'd like to actually use Upwork now, and I need to change the number for verification of my account to my cell number, but it will not let me. Every time I enter in my cell number and click the "verify phone number" button, it says I failed to verify my phone number and the field repopulates with my parents' phone number.

Help? I don't want to have to make a new profile with a different email address just to be able to verify my phone number. Thanks in advance to whomever can help me resolve this issue!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carmen, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, 

I am unable to verify my phone number as well. The notification box to verify it pops up, but when I input the number and press the green 'Verify Phone Number' button in the dialogue box, nothing happens. I have tried two different numbers, both with and without country/area codes and it is not working. 

Any assistance is appreciated! Thanks.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Cygne.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e70422b5
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issue. The verification code is not sending to me. Could some assist me with this? Thank you!!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alex,

I just checked this for you and it looks like you were able to successfully complete your phone verification process. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any additional assistance, we're there to help!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
rockenbrat
Community Member

Can't verify phone number to get a security code. It says I've failed with that one. So I tried another family member's and it didn't work either. I can't start putting out proposals until this is verified. Help???
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Madison, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
slshumaker
Community Member

I have tried for over a month to set a security phone number to finish my profile. I click on on verify numbere to get text code and nothing happens and it wont let me finish my profile. Please help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheri,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cmoerman
Community Member

I have tried several times to verify my mobile phone number but do not get any texts with the 5-digitl verification code from Upwork.

Hi Christophe,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
049a5246
Community Member

Hi all,

I was immensely interested in using upwork for working from home and pursuing a career as a voiceover artist, when, much to my displeasure, I realized that upwork would require a phone number for verification.

My phone is turned off. I stopped paying the bill went I went to school.

I've tried just about everything I can think of, but until my number arrives at my home in goodness knows how many weeks, is there any way to get around the phone verification and get to work?

Hi Jonathan,

One of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket and will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
gracechen101
Community Member

I cannot finish registration for upwork account because my phone is not getting texts from upwork for the code. I've double checked phone number, clicked resend multiple times, and waited 20 minutes and still nothing. 

Hi Suleman, Victor, and Grace,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
phillipsvictor1
Community Member

I am trying to verify my account and it says that my phone number is Linked to another account. I checked for this account or accounts and I cannot find them. 

azam_suleman
Community Member

Hey there, I’ve just signed up as freelancer but when I tried to verify my number. They say the number is already used. I’m new to Upwork so I don’t know what’s going on and how can I sort this out. I will appreciate your assistance
balanagenthiran
Community Member

I'm a freelancer and created the account at UPWORK. I tried to verify the number and provide the number, but I didn't receive any OTP in my number and I resend the OTP request, still not getting any OTP and one error message stated as you are trying out  reached the maximum number of request and change the numer then give request. 

Can you helpl me to get rid of this issue? 

Hi Balanagenthiran,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
jerzybulx
Community Member

Hello, I was setting up my profile and when I had to verify my number, it doesnt work. It shoes this message even if I put my UK number with the 0 or without it

'You failed to verify this phone number. Please provide a different number.'

Can Someone help me?

Thanks
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths