🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I have got so many msg but not get hired Why ...
Page options
0161f61b
Community Member

I have got so many msg but not get hired Why ?

There could be several reasons why you are not getting hired despite sending out many messages to clients. Some potential reasons include:

1. Your proposals are not tailored to the specific job: Make sure that you take the time to read the job description carefully and tailor your proposal to address the specific needs and requirements of the client.

2. Your profile is not complete or not showing your relevant experience: Make sure that your profile is complete and highlights your relevant experience and skills. Include a clear and professional profile picture, a well-written summary, and a detailed list of your skills and experience.

3. Your rate is too high or too low: Make sure that your rate is competitive and fair for the type of work you're offering. Research the going rates for similar jobs on Upwork to get an idea of what to charge.

4. Your proposal is not well written: Make sure that your proposal is well-written, easy to read, and free of errors. Use bullet points and formatting to make it visually appealing.

5. You are not providing enough information in your proposal: Make sure that your proposal provides enough information about your experience, skills, and qualifications. Include specific examples of your work and accomplishments, and explain why you would be a good fit for the job.

6. Your portfolio or sample work is not presentable or not related to the job: Make sure you have a portfolio or sample work that is related to the job you're applying for and that is presentable, with good quality and resolution.

7. You are not following up with clients: Follow up with clients after submitting your proposal, it shows your interest and engagement.

8. Limited experience or lack of skill: Lack of experience or skill in the area of work you are applying for might be a reason for not getting hired.

By addressing these potential issues, you can increase your chances of getting hired on Upwork. Additionally, consider reaching out to more clients, and expanding your skillset to increase your chances of finding a suitable job.

3 REPLIES 3
kandytech
Community Member

Hello Yassir,

How do you follow up with a client after submitting a proposal?

Unless they contact you first, I don't see how I can contact them and ask for an update.

Hey Chramira, there is no followup unless a Client responses. However, when you withdraw, make once last pitch. I have about 10% of the Clients come back when I withdraw with a last pitch. Have a great day!

kandytech
Community Member

Hello William,

That's interesting, thank you for the idea.

Regards.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths