🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I'm getting no profile views or invites
Page options
b28e9204
Community Member

I'm getting no profile views or invites

Experienced freelancers, please give me some profile feedback. Also, can you please give me suggestions on "sending proposals"?

I'm new to this platform. Getting only 10% of views on my sent proposals. Is it normal or too low for a newbie? The competition is too high & with limited connects I don't know how to compete. Getting disappointed. I know there's no perfect number, still how many proposals usually take to finally get a job? Can you share your experiences?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Monisha,

Please click the Academy link at the top for how to use Upwork and here are quick success TIPS:

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

JOB SUBMISSIONS: Tips - Only apply to Jobs that you are highly qualified, don't Bid for the top 3 spots unless you are an exact match and have a high probability of getting the job, don't immediately apply for jobs, but instead wait at least a few hours so your bidding is more accurate, don't get into bidding wars because serious Clients will view most applicant's cover letters, don't apply for Jobs that have 20 - 50 applicants in less than 24 hours. If a Client gets 50 cover letters, there is only a 2% chance of being hired; bad odds. I set my freelancer sort to apply for jobs with less than 20 proposals.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
williamtcooper
Community Member

Monisha,

Please click the Academy link at the top for how to use Upwork and here are quick success TIPS:

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

JOB SUBMISSIONS: Tips - Only apply to Jobs that you are highly qualified, don't Bid for the top 3 spots unless you are an exact match and have a high probability of getting the job, don't immediately apply for jobs, but instead wait at least a few hours so your bidding is more accurate, don't get into bidding wars because serious Clients will view most applicant's cover letters, don't apply for Jobs that have 20 - 50 applicants in less than 24 hours. If a Client gets 50 cover letters, there is only a 2% chance of being hired; bad odds. I set my freelancer sort to apply for jobs with less than 20 proposals.

Those are some great advices. Thanks a lot William 

You are most welcome and have a wonderful day!

48fe920d
Community Member

Watch some videos on YouTube 

Thanks Kingsley. Always roaming in the "YouTube" school 😄

3b36790e
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I am a top-rated freelancer with 100% JSS. I have optimized my profiles as much as I could but I am not getting any invites to jobs.

I see that people with less experience, less earning, and less jobs are getting invites but not me.

Can you please see my profile and share your take on why I am not getting invites and what I can do to make it happen.
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~010f78c10ceecbc757?viewMode=1

Thank you everyone in advance for being helpful!!!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths