🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » I'm not getting any Jobs!!!
Page options
hasna-kh
Community Member

I'm not getting any Jobs!!!

Hello everyone,
I'm a new freelancer on this platform, I'm a translator/content writer. I can't seem to get any Jobs despite having spent so much time improving my profile, taking tests ant enriching my portfolio. However all my job application seem to go unnoticed and unanswered, so I tried to improve my proposals, read the "how to write winning proposals" thread and tried to apply all the recommendations, mentionned the client's name in my cover letters, read all the proposals carefully and answered relevant questions if asked. However all this doesn't seem to pay off.
I started thinking that maybe new freelancers stand no chance infront of experienced top rated ones, despite having alot to offer, because it seems to me that the clients only rely on the JSS score and reviews for their choice, which i lack unfortunately.
My question is: how is a new freelancer who has so much to offer and no experience on on this platform supposed to succeed ?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
5 REPLIES 5
louisaj
Community Member

Hi Hasna,

Don't give up. I got one job my first month on here, and a few the next month. It took me six months until I had enough work to pay the bills. I've been on here for three years now. 

I looked at your profile. It is very long. I wonder if people have time to read it all? That could be a problem. Also, a few spelling errors here and there, especially in the last paragraph (hint: intresting).

I am impressed that you speak four languages, that's amazing. 

Best wishes,

Louisa 

Initially, the client only sees the first two or three lines of your proposal.  Make those lines grab the client and make them want to scroll down to see more.

Thank you Mary for the advice, i tried this solution but apparently my lines were not efficient enough at capturing attention. I 'll keep trying
hasna-kh
Community Member

Hello Louisa,
Thank you for your kind reply, i'm so glad to receive advice from such a successful freelancer as you are not to give up.
Honestly i was feeling desperate and decided to post this question, maybe someone can see a problem which i can't see.
I will take all your remarks in consideration and keep trying my best.
And thank you for the cheers 😊😊

Hasna K wrote:
Hello Louisa,
Thank you for your kind reply, i'm so glad to receive advice from such a successful freelancer as you are not to give up.
Honestly i was feeling desperate and decided to post this question, maybe someone can see a problem which i can't see.
I will take all your remarks in consideration and keep trying my best.
And thank you for the cheers 😊😊

Please only offer and do things you are really really good at. 

Translation into German is not one of them. In the medical article, which I gather is about humans, you translated a word for food into the German word Futter, which is something that is fed to animals, not humans, a pretty unforgivable mistake for a translator, and not the only error. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths