Page options
hamza8876
Community Member

I need a work on uppwork

Please help

8 REPLIES 8
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You haven't filled out enough information in your profile, and your hourly rate is too high for a beginner who does data entry.

If you wanted to focus on photo manipulation/retouching (which would be a better idea than trying to compete for data entry jobs), then you need to put some of your work samples into your portfolio (at least 6).

Christine A wrote:

You haven't filled out enough information in your profile, and your hourly rate is too high for a beginner who does data entry.

If you wanted to focus on photo manipulation/retouching (which would be a better idea than trying to compete for data entry jobs), then you need to put some of your work samples into your portfolio (at least 6).

There are at least as many, if not more, freelancers offering photo manipulation and/or retouching Both categories are over-saturated.

Virginia F wrote:

Christine A wrote:

There are at least as many, if not more, freelancers offering photo manipulation and/or retouching Both categories are over-saturated.

Really? I'm surprised at that, but I stand by my advice. IF someone has truly top-notch Photoshop skills and an impressive portfolio to prove it, I still think that they'll have a better chance of standing out from the competition and getting paid higher rates.

Christine A wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Christine A wrote:

Really? I'm surprised at that, but I stand by my advice. IF someone has truly top-notch Photoshop skills and an impressive portfolio to prove it, I still think that they'll have a better chance of standing out from the competition and getting paid higher rates.

Christine A wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Christine A wrote:

Do a search "photo manipulation photoshop expert background removal" and you'll see where my statement comes from. And they're all experts. As a graphic designer, I use that skill myself when needed. But hey, if Upwork wants to keep adding to over-crowded categories and deal with "why can't I get a job/I need a job" questions ... great.

ahsan16ali
Community Member

For the love of God, can the community moderators please delete this. 

Ahsan A wrote:

For the love of God, can the community moderators please delete this. 

The OP came to the forum for help.  If you don't want to help, move on.  This post wasn't necessary.

margarett4
Community Member

Clients want to see your Upwork experience but when you’re new, how do you get some feedback if no one is willing to give you a chance Tell Subway. It can feel like a bit of Catch-22 but don’t worry you won’t be chasing your tail for long.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Ameer,

Check out the resources in this post to learn more about getting started, improving your profile and proposals and overall being more successful on Upwork. 

If you have any specific questions about getting started, feel free to reply here. Make sure you don't post duplicate comments as that would be against our Community Guidelines.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths