🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Interviewing Via Skype
Page options
Community Member

Interviewing Via Skype

Hello all! I am new to upwork and have noticed a number of my proposals have gotten messages offering to interview through skype. This feels like it is in violation of Upworks rules of not taking things outside of upwork so I have yet to accept. But I wanted to make sure that it was, in fact, in violation? Or is this a common and accepted practice? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
luqman_mak
Community Member

Most clients who want you to communicate outside the platform before giving you a contract on the platform, are scammers. 
They mainly target new accounts and can scam you for anything from free work to actual money. 
If they want to have a conversation, the meesaging tab has a zoom integration feature that they can use. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
luqman_mak
Community Member

Most clients who want you to communicate outside the platform before giving you a contract on the platform, are scammers. 
They mainly target new accounts and can scam you for anything from free work to actual money. 
If they want to have a conversation, the meesaging tab has a zoom integration feature that they can use. 

pgiambalvo
Community Member

They are scams. Do not respond.

12a912ee
Community Member

Hi Taylor,

Just so you are aware it is also against Upwork's ToS to have any communication off Upwork until a contract is in place. You risk your account being suspended if you do so.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths