🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Inviting a client, fees and benefits
Page options
bonevstiliyan
Community Member

Inviting a client, fees and benefits

Hello there, I'm new to upwork and I want to move my clients from other platform to this one, do I have any benefits, how can I invite them, what do I have to pay for the transactions

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Stiliyan B wrote:

Hello there, I'm new to upwork and I want to move my clients from other platform to this one, do I have any benefits, how can I invite them, what do I have to pay for the transactions

You'll have to pay a 20% fee on the first $500 that you earn with each client, 10% after that, and 5% once you reach $10,000. Your clients will have to pay a service charge on their payments as well (I believe that it's 3%). You might want to wait until you're top-rated on Upwork, then you'd be able to bring your clients without paying the service charges (they would still pay the service charges, though).

I don't know what other platform you're referring to, but you should check their terms to make sure that you're allowed to move clients here in the first place. Upwork's terms of service dictate that if you connect with a client here, you need to put all payments through this website for a two-year period, and I would imagine that other websites have similar conditions.

As for benefits, again, I don't know what sort of benefits you're getting from the other website, so it's hard to say - I don't know what sort of payment protection or services you're already getting. If you want to use Upwork and not the other site, then I guess it would be convenient to have all of your clients in one place. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths