🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge ...
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

I got the rising talent badge on 28 may and I can see my job success score right now
I want to know when I send a job proposal, what client will see RISING TALENT or both?

Hi Md Shah,

The Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don’t have their Job Success Score yet. When you received your Job Success Score, your Rising Talent badge was removed and your clients will see your JSS. You can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

How funny!!!
I got this badge for 2 days! Just wondering

Still can i get Rising talent badge ?Why I am not getting it?

Hi Piashi and Sougata,

Once you're qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profiles in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

its been a week over now, Its more than 48 hours

Its two weeks now nothing has done so far

Still Why I am not getting Rising talent badge?

I have completed all requirements for rising talent badge but still i did not get it. Can anyone guide me little bit about it.

Hi Mohsin,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Thanks for showing concern.
I already fullfill all the requirements according to the guidelines but still i did not get that badge.

Hello.

Luckily, I got my first job 10 days after I created my account.

I also got skill certificate invitation from Upwork Support team.

But I didn't got Rising talent yet.

Can anybody check my profile and find out the reason please?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maroun,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I've been working on Upwork for the past 1 year and 3 days ago I earned my Rising Talent Badge. As of today, I noticed that my Badge was not showing on my profile so I contacted Upwork Chatbot and it told me that 4-5 reasons why a Rising Talent badge could be removed and one of those reasons was "You have a job with no earnings after several months".

Basically, In the month of January, 2021, I did not have much work history so I focused on bidding on low budget projects and got a project to design 86 banners for a client for a total of $6. The budget was close to nothing but still I accepted the offer thinking that it would be better to have something in my work history.

The client initially asked me to design 1 banner, that I did successfully and also gave me 2 animated logos to design (that he did not pay a penny for till this day) and then he went unresponsive for about 2-3 months. For the past month, I have been asking him to end the contract ASAP but he keeps giving me runarounds saying that he has hired some other freelancer to collect background images for the remaining 85 banners.

That is how I figured out that my Rising Talent Badge was removed because of this specific reason.

I want to end this contract somehow without hurting my JSS. My JSS is already showing as 90% because of this particular contract.

I'm really looking for some expert advise. I'm literally heart broken by the fact that It took almost an year for me to earn that badge and it couldn't even last a total of 3 days on my profile.

Hi Najaf,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already earned a JSS. Once you have enough work history on Upwork, your Rising Talent status will automatically be replaced by a Job Success Score (JSS). Once you earn a Job Success Score, you can start working toward Top Rated status.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
599c0ea4
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your response.

Can you also tell me if that "design 86 banners" contract is somehow negatively affecting my JSS or my profile?

Unclosed contracts don't harm JSS. It's most likely private feedback a client left you. UpWork won't tell you which contract or what the private rating was since this value is private
petra_r
Community Member

Najaf A wrote:

Can you also tell me if that "design 86 banners" contract is somehow negatively affecting my JSS or my profile?

No.

Your last contract closed with the client marking you down for skills, quality and availability, so their private feedback will likely not have been great either.

Hi Joanne,

Can you please check my profile and please inform me why there is no rising talent badge?

Hi Arnob,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

I lost my Risng talent badge after come my jubsuccess score. and when  i  want to apply a new job this showing your ar not meet the rising talent  buadge. please check my profiile and help me hwo to back my risisng talent bagdet.

thak you

Hi Minhazur,

The Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don’t have their Job Success Score yet. Since you have received your Job Success Score, you can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi there!
My 16 weeks of profile is completed and also my job success score is 92%. But the rising talent badge is not displaying on my profile can you please explain it?

Hi Saba,

Please keep in mind that freelancers can't have the Rising Talent badge and the Job Success Score on their profiles at the same time.
Now you can start working to become a Top Rated freelancer. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

Upwork surprised me. In fact, I recently completed my sixth project which I got 4.45 stars. Among those project, I have four project completed with at least 4.45 stars with four(4) different clients. Now I thought that this could give me a Jss but surprisingly upwork removed my rising talent without replacing it With Jss. I want to know if having one 4.45 can make me disqualify for rising talent? I also created an agency recently, Can it impact on my rising talent as I'm the owner?

I'm looking forward to your replies,

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

To learn more about the requirements you will need to maintain for the Rising Talent badge, check out this Help Article. You're very close to receiving your JSS as well. To learn more about Job Success Score and when you will receive it, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I meet all the requirement listed as rising talent criteria. Can a project with 4.45 stars or no feedback given disqualifies me for rising talent badge?

Thanks,

petra_r
Community Member

Bruno S wrote:

Can a project with 4.45 stars or no feedback given disqualifies me for rising talent badge?

That depends on the private feedback the client left but yes, the 4.45 one absolutely can. It will also affect your JSS when you get one. A contract with no feedback wouldn't affect the RT status or the JSS.

The client marked you down for skills and quality and said you were "reasonably good"...

You want to try and stay away from the cheapest-of-the-cheap clients. They are often the most demanding and mean with feedback. 

2a05aa63
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Bruno S wrote:

Can a project with 4.45 stars or no feedback given disqualifies me for rising talent badge?

That depends on the private feedback the client left but yes, the 4.45 one absolutely can. It will also affect your JSS when you get one. A contract with no feedback wouldn't affect the RT status or the JSS.

The client marked you down for skills and quality and said you were "reasonably good"...

You want to try and stay away from the cheapest-of-the-cheap clients. They are often the most demanding and mean with feedback. 

Bruno created a topic called "Rising talent badge disapeared." so it's safe to say that the private feedback was bad

petra_r
Community Member

Viacheslav K wrote:

Bruno created a topic called "Rising talent badge disapeared." so it's safe to say that the private feedback was bad

Oh absolutely, no doubt. It can't be anything else anyway.

All that for $5

e825750a
Community Member

Can this one project bring my JSS down to 75%?
Thanks,
petra_r
Community Member

Bruno S wrote:
Can this one project bring my JSS down to 75%?
Thanks,

You don't have a JSS yet.

But potentially, with only 4 closed contracts with feedback, the impact can be significant, depending on how poor the private feedback was.

It would help to complete some contracts with perfectly successful outcomes before the JSS next updates. That would dilute the impact.

e825750a
Community Member

Thanks for you time and suggestions. I will try to do so. 

Hi Everyone!

My rising talent badge is removed without any reason and sending any mail. I have still the rising talent criteria but the Upwork.PNGbadge is not showing. Only Job success score is showing in My stats Please let me know why this happened?

petra_r
Community Member

Ahsan B wrote:

My rising talent badge is removed without any reason P

There is a reason. The reason is that you have a JSS and you can't have both a RT badge and a JSS.

You can now start working towards your Top Rated Badge

hi valeria

I have fulfilled all requirements for a rising talent badge but still, I am not getting the badge. can you help me?

Hi Jatin,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello have not gotten the rising talent badge yet and have completed all requirements including jobs for different clients, Please help! Also i don't get Job invites and i don't know why

Hi Samuel,

1. Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article.

2. To learn more about how to improve your profile and your proposals, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Samuel O wrote:

Hello have not gotten the rising talent badge yet and have completed all requirements including jobs for different clients

Your second client marked you down for skills. To get or maintain a Rising Talent status your results have to be excellent.

Samuel O wrote:

Also i don't get Job invites and i don't know why

Why do you expect invites? To get invites you have to appear on the first pages of search results, and there are literally tens of thousands of freelancers in your category. Each page of search results has just 10 results showing. The search results are rotated so everyone gets a chance at times, but your chances of being on the first pages often are slim

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths