🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Rising talent
Page options
528bbf23
Community Member

Is 30 days mandatory for rising talent badge even after completing other required criteria

Hello,I am a newbie to upwork joined this month (may 2020); completed my first job successfully and also passed the rising talent test with 5 score.when will the rising talent badge appear for new users .
Have a good day!!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,540 REPLIES 1,540

Amir K wrote:

What is the point in saying "assigns automatically when you meet the requirements", and then saying "not all freelancers will get a Rising Talent badge"

I mean, I know there shouldn't be an automated system, and not all the candidates should get a badge, but why would support and moderators say so? There's large misinformation, that's why a lot of people come to forums and ask the same question.

I completely agree with you - the moderators always do use language that implies that you'll get the badge automatically when you fulfill the requirements. I've said many times that they should change it. 

I don't know exactly why some freelancers get the badge and others don't, and it often seems unfair to me when I look at people's profiles. But in your case, I would guess that it's because you haven't finished your degree yet, and you have less than three years of professional experience. The freelancers who seem to qualify for the badge immediately usually have many more years of education and experience. You could try adding more portfolio items and see if that helps, or maybe ask one of your previous clients for a testimonial (again, I'm only guessing, but it seems like the more "stuff" you have in your profile, the better your chances).

Greetings!

Hello Upwork, I hope everything is well. I have confusion such as, I have successfully completed 6 jobs for different clients. And also passed the Upwork readiness test. But I have no rising talent badge yet. It's my little doubt. I am new on Upwork, I need help.

Hi Salim,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Team,

I've created my Upwork profile more than 3 months ago. When I read the criteria on earnign this badge, it was stated that my profile had to be active for atleast 90 days, can I still earn it if I've been in the platform for longer than the required timeframe? 

Hi Ma,

Yes you can still receive the Rising talent badge. Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Respected Fellow why i didn't have got a rising talent badge. I have fulfilled all tge requirements.

Hi Faheem,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Sir i think i am eligible but still didn't have got it.

Hi there, 

My profile is 100% complete, I've passed Upwork Readiness test and my availibilty time is also according to the requirements. I've completed One job till now within the given time. but Upwork Rising Talent Badge is still not showing on my profile. Kindly help me in this regard. As I'm unable to find some good jobs I believe this badge will help me to find some good projects. 

Hi

I want to know is Rising Talent Badge is given randomly? or anyone can get this badge?

And Please Guide me is my Profile is eligible for Rising talent programe?

what changes should I do?

I have completed my profile 100

Passes the rediness

Sending proposals Regulary that matches my skillset.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, I have fulfilled all the requirements for upwork rising talent batch. I have seen many jobs requires rising talent. What else can i do to get it ? i did not get any email from upwork regarding this. It will really help a lot to get jobs. Thanks 

Hi Attiq,

Please refer to the instructions I've shared in my previous post here:

• Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I had already completed these criteria successfully but still, it can't show on my profile

• Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  • Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skillset
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

Hi Hiren,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran 

Thanks for your response.

But can you please check my profile & suggest to me?
Is that anything pending to achieve this badge? I already took 3-4 times it seems all parts I completed.

I had already completed it before 1 month but still, I can't get any notification.

Hi community ,

I am new to upwork

I have completed the upwork readiness test and fulfilling all the criteria to get the rising talent badge but its not refecting in my profile till now.

I would like someone review my account(from Upwork) and let me know whether i am doing something wrong.
Am I be eligible for Upwork Rising talent?

Thanks 

Rakesh kumar

Hi Rakesh,

Please refer to the instructions I`ve shared in my previous post here:

• Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article. Thank you.
~ Goran
Upwork

I have completed the Upwork readiness test and fulfilling all the criteria to get the rising talent badge but it's not reflecting in my profile till now. I would like someone to review my account(from Upwork) and let me know whether I am doing something wrong.

There is no proper response from the Upwork team. 

I m facing the same issue as last month but no one comes with a proper solution. I m trying from last month and your chatbot system is saying the same thing.
Everyone is saying this 

petra_r
Community Member

Mr. HIREN S wrote:

No, you are not.

If you were eligible, you'd have gotten it automatically.

The fact that you haven't got it proves that you are not eligible right now.

The eligibility criteria are just the minimum criteria that make you eligible, they are not all that is taken into consideration. The other magic ingredients are kept quiet and not disclosed.

But you are not eligible at this point, or you'd have it already.

It is same for me too,

I had already completed these criteria successfully but still, it can't show on my profile.

• Pass the Upwork Readiness Test
  • Complete projects on time and as promised to clients
  • Maintain a 100% complete profile with accurate skills and genuine work
  • Keep your availability status up-to-date
  • Regularly submit proposals to projects that match your skillset
  • Adhere to the Upwork Terms of Service
  • Have been active in the past 90 days or joined in the past 30 days

Hi there,

I have completed 3 projects successfully with 5 star review on & two ongoing projects, earned over 200 dollar, 30+ hours worked but still I don't have rising talent badge on my profile. I took the Upwork readyness test & 100% completed profile. 

I heared that people are getting rising talent badge even before getting a job offer. Can anyone tell me what's the criteria to get rising talnet badge. 

Hi Abdullah,

~ Goran
Upwork

Abdullah R wrote:

I have completed 3 projects successfully with 5 star review on

That isn't quite true, is it? The 4 star contract likely killed any chance of the Rising Talent badge. You need 4 to 8 completed contracts to get a JSS.

Hello community members,

I just received 2 five-star reviews in a span of 2 days from my clients, but today I woke up to a mail from UpWork saying "We want to let you know that you no longer qualify as a Rising Talent freelancer on UpWork."

What happened? When I first received my badge, The last feedback I had was "4.85/5", which implies that I was definitely in a poorer position than now.

Hello Everyone 😘!

I have completed 3 jobs on Upwork and got 5 (Stars) review from clients but I did not receive RISING TALENT BADGE as completed all the requirements that are required for this badges like:-

• I have passes the Upwork readiness test and got 5/5 score
  • And I completed work on time as I promised to the client and they also mentioned my fast delivery in the feedback
  • My profile is also completed 100%
  • And I am also available more than 30hrs/weak
  • And I am regularly submitting proposals

I also got 5 stars review from clients but in spite of this i am unable to apply on some jobs because they want a freelancer with rising talent Smiley Sad rising talent.PNG

Please I requested the Upwork team to give me this BADGE because I have completed all the requirements for the rising talent badge!

Please help me I shall be very thankful to you for this act of kindness

Thanks for reading!

Hi Salman,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, Goran!

But I am qualified I have checked the criteria for rising talent badge here and I completed all the requirements which are mentioned in this article

Please replay me,

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if I have not met the requirements for the Rising Talent badge!

I joined Upwork in February and I have completed projects and have earned $1k+.

My profile is 100%

I have passed the Upwork Readiness Test 5.0, (albeit, several attempts. Could this be the reason?)

I have seen profiles with zero job completions and no earning with the Rising Talent Badge. I wonder what could be the issue with mine!

Hi Gabriel,

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Community! Again about the Rising Talent badge (sorry). I got the invitation mail when I was really just signed in and completed my profile. I then tried to pass the Upwork Readiness Test but failed and realized I needed to take time to prepare better. Since I had other urgent matters to solve, I finally studied and repeated the test two days ago... and then compulsively repeated it 🙂 and finally passed it yesterday. And no badge nor notification happened. Now, I wonder did I lost eligibility because I wasn't timely in passing the test, or I took it not by following the link in the invitation mail? I'm a little bit stuck in submitting many proposals because it impacts rates/connects/visibility and I read that once you have JSS you can't have the badge anymore.

Thanks for your attention by the way

Hi Livia,

Once qualified you will receive an email confirmation, the badge will be awarded on your profile in up to 48 hours. To learn more about the requirements check out this Help Article.

Rest assured, you can send as many proposals as you would like. This will not impact your account or stats in any way.

I would also like to clarify that freelancers can't have the Rising Talent badge and a Job Success Score on their profiles at the same time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much.

I realized that I articulated in a bad way: I don't think submitting proposals would impact my profile in a negative way, instead I meant I am in some way "waiting" for the badge to have more chance with the proposals, due to its impact on rates and all. 

...and first of all, the badge in itself is a requirement for some job. 

Hi, concerned,  I meet all the requirements to get the Upwork Rising talent badge but when I got it?  I have the question if any expert cheek my profile if any need to meet for rising talent badge. Please suggest me. Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mehedi Masum,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You can have a look at this article about Becoming Rising Talent to see what the exact requirements are that you must meet to obtain a Rising Talent badge on your profile. Once the requirements are met, you’ll be invited into the program automatically and receive the badge within 48 hours.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
tilkausa
Community Member

Thanks for your suggestion but would you mind reviewing my profile as how can I develop my self.

I got a popup message about Rising Talent.  I thought that I get the badge, so I didn't read anything and click on the popup messages. It says to give a reading test.  And I passed (4.5/5) But I don't get any badges yet. Am I eligible for this badge?

Hi Md Shah,

I checked with the team and you can expect the badge to start showing on your profile within 48 hours.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear sir, Please cheek my profile, I meet all the requisation for Rising talent, Thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths