🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is it good to keep a contract going when the ...
Page options
59aabb0d
Community Member

Is it good to keep a contract going when the work is currently paused

Hi, fellow freelancers,

You see, I'm a newbie to Upwork and don't have some tidbits of the platform.

I started a contract 2 months ago and the client was cooperative and responsive. He continuously gave work for 1 month and 6 days. But after that, he stopped/paused the workflow due to a problem on their end. I asked him after a few days that if there's no more work to be done, then shall we close the contract. 

But, the client responded that there was no need to end the contract as there was more work to come, and then he explained the issue that they were facing. After that talk, it's been 20 days, and still no work. The contract has not ended.

The problem that's been jeopardizing my mind is that I've heard something like that if you keep a contract going on when there's no work, then it can negatively affect your profile health. Since my profile is not mature yet, I'm constantly working a lot to grow it.

So, kindly tell me whether it will have a bad effect on my profile to keep this contract going, or is there no problem?

Have a good day, everyone.

So, 

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I don't where this myth started that an open contract is bad for your profile. Just to consider this rationally - how could it? It doesn't have feedback.

So in short, no. Doesn't matter. 

As we've worked for more than a month, he was able to give feedback and he left pretty good feedback with a 5.00-star rating.

Thanks for your help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths