🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is it possible to remove client's feedback/ra...
Page options
56f422af
Community Member

Is it possible to remove client's feedback/rating?

Hi,

I'm new to Upwork but had at least 4 clients this month. Unfortunately, I got a low rating with my last client because he gave me Iow rating after I politely declined to continue to work while the contract is suspended/on hold.

I told him that he needs to contact Upwork Support to resolve the issue with the contract but he said that it has been fixed and that I should continue working. I explained to him that I received an email from Upwork saying that I should not continue to do tasks for the said contract until further notice. Then the client said he will find a new freelancer and ended the contract with me. After that, he gave me a low rating/feedback. Is there a way to remove this kind of feedback/rating since it's not my fault that the contract was suspended? 

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chrisjie G wrote:

Hi Viacheslav,

Sorry for asking again.

I tried to erase all screenshots from my work diary for that specific contract but only the active contracts are showing under the work diary.

I guess, the last resort is to refund the client, what do think?

I haven't been in this position before, but yeah, once you get the earnings, your can refund them when they go into the available tab (that's gonna be next wednesday) 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
2a05aa63
Community Member

If you earned nothing, then the feedback won't be displayed. And if you did, you can refund everything and it vanish from the profile (but not your JSS score)

Hi Viacheslav,

I earned $92 for working for 6 hours and it is still under "work in progress." Does that mean that if I refund him the $92, his feedback will be removed and will not show up on my profile? Also, will I still be able to refund the client once the funds is under "review"?

Sorry, I really don't have enough knowledge on how the Upwork platform works.

Chrisjie G wrote:

Hi Viacheslav,

I earned $92 for working for 6 hours and it is still under "work in progress." Does that mean that if I refund him the $92, his feedback will be removed and will not show up on my profile? Also, will I still be able to refund the client once the funds is under "review"?

Sorry, I really don't have enough knowledge on how the Upwork platform works.

You can remove the screenshots from the work diary. This way the client won't be charged so you don't have to refund everything.

Though you did nothing wrong, you should keep your earnings. You can add a comment to their review explaining the situation. But if the review is too bad and you don't want it, then removing the screenshots will remove the feedback.

Hi Viacheslav,

Appreciate your help.

I'd rather remove this feedback from my profile since I'm still building my credential in Upwork.

I'll remove all of the screenshots in Upwork.

Again, thank you!

Hi Viacheslav,

Sorry for asking again.

I tried to erase all screenshots from my work diary for that specific contract but only the active contracts are showing under the work diary.

Chrisjie G wrote:

Hi Viacheslav,

Sorry for asking again.

I haven't been in this position before, but yeah, once you get the earnings, your can refund them when they go into the available tab (that's gonna be next wednesday) 

Perfect,

Thank you so much.

Appreciate your help!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths