🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is it that hard to get a real interview?
Page options
0a8d3b55
Community Member

Is it that hard to get a real interview?

Hi everyone,

I've been applying for some jobs in the plattform and I've also had some invitations to interviews (almost 20, everyday at least 2), however, when I say that I'm interested and try scheduling a time, the client's message is always the same, "Yes Chat with the project manager for more details about the projects https://sdasdas.dasdada"

Am I doing something wrong? I've answered to almost 20 interviews invitation, and in all of them, I was invited to communicate outside the plattform, and after I explain about maintaining the communication in the plattfom, I never get an answer back.

That's frustrating, because I open so excited the messages, and it's always the same.

Thanksfor your attention!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Unfortunately, scammers target new freelancers. You won't get invitations from real clients until you're more established on Upwork, so you'll need to keep sending proposals and get clients that way. With more experience, you'll also spot fake jobs more easily and stop applying for them.

And now for some unsolicited advice. You should make improvements to your profile overview, because it's not doing anything to help you stand out at the moment. You're also wasting money on the availability badge, IMO, since Upwork has said that it will only benefit freelancers who already get lots of invitations (legitimate ones, that is); it doesn't help you stand out when sending proposals.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dd63c576
Community Member

Diego H wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've been applying for some jobs in the plattform and I've also had some invitations to interviews (almost 20, everyday at least 2), however, when I say that I'm interested and try scheduling a time, the client's message is always the same, "Yes Chat with the project manager for more details about the projects https://sdasdas.dasdada"

Am I doing something wrong? I've answered to almost 20 interviews invitation, and in all of them, I was invited to communicate outside the plattform, and after I explain about maintaining the communication in the plattfom, I never get an answer back.

That's frustrating, because I open so excited the messages, and it's always the same.

Thanksfor your attention!

Diego,

Although it is hard to get interviewed at first as you are fresh at the platform but not impossible. Try to complete and polish your profile with your work sample and other background as every client looks at profiles before sending message. Also, If someone calls you out of platform, It's a scam for sure. If you ever follow them, you got scammed and also will be suspended by Upwork for violating the terms and conditions you agreed upon. 

Hi Saddam,

Thanks for your advices, I'm always keeping contact in the plattform.

Hope I'll get a real interview soon.

Thanks,
Diego 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Unfortunately, scammers target new freelancers. You won't get invitations from real clients until you're more established on Upwork, so you'll need to keep sending proposals and get clients that way. With more experience, you'll also spot fake jobs more easily and stop applying for them.

And now for some unsolicited advice. You should make improvements to your profile overview, because it's not doing anything to help you stand out at the moment. You're also wasting money on the availability badge, IMO, since Upwork has said that it will only benefit freelancers who already get lots of invitations (legitimate ones, that is); it doesn't help you stand out when sending proposals.

Hi Christine, 

Thanks for all your advices, especially regarding my profile. I'll work on improving it.

Diego

pgiambalvo
Community Member

That's because Upwork can't stop scammers from posting or sending you invites.

Thanks Peter,

As soon as I get more experience, I'll identity those "invitations" easier.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths