🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Is this a scam?
Page options
d1b19439
Community Member

Is this a scam?

Good morning, the person who sent me a job proposal does not want to send me a work contract, he asked me for a set of photos via Google drive as a sample without paying me, but the proposal only asks for the photos and does not mention any sample.
I also had to insist on the work contract and only when I told him that without my contract I was not sure that he would pay me did he tell me about the sample.
Is this job a scam? I'm new and it's my first experience in upwork

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
battershall-ramo
Community Member

Yes, almost certainly. They look for people without much experience and try to take advantage. Do not ever do free samples, and it's against the Terms and Conditions anyway. Also, if they try to speak to you on Skype or especially Telegram, it's 99.99% a scam. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
battershall-ramo
Community Member

Yes, almost certainly. They look for people without much experience and try to take advantage. Do not ever do free samples, and it's against the Terms and Conditions anyway. Also, if they try to speak to you on Skype or especially Telegram, it's 99.99% a scam. 

Ramon B wrote:

Thank you very much, is there any way to report the job or profile?

d9fc6d8d
Community Member

Yes, obvious scam.

Thanks a lot! 🤗

battershall-ramo
Community Member

Flag it or contact Customer Sevice.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths