🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Issues with Screenshots on Macbook
Page options
jmmobley93
Community Member

Issues with Screenshots on Macbook

I am a Mac user and I use the UpWork desktop app the log my time for hourly contracts. However, the work-in-progress screenshots don't seem to be working correctly. When it takes a screenshot, it only seems to capture my desktop wallpaper and the UpWork timetracker window, even though I have Google Chrome with multiple tabs pulled up at the time of the screenshot. Could you help with this? 

8 REPLIES 8
JoanneP

Hi Jesselyn,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you had. Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared in this help article? If the issue persists, please let us know so we can check with the team. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
alysegoody
Community Member

You need to allow permission for the app to screen record! I had the same issue recently. 

I am having the same issue, I have tried everything, and checked the box to allow upwork but still the same.

Hi Ronnine,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps in this help article? If you continue to experience the same issue, please follow the instruction on how to report a problem on the same article so that our team can investigate and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello! I'm experiencing the same issue—screenshot only capturing the time tracker, messenger, and my blank desktop. First, I tried minimizing the chat and putting the window I'm working on right beside the time tracker. It didn't work. Second, I tried to play with Capture All Monitors and Capture Active Monitors in the settings. No difference.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but for some reason, the app won't appear under Security & Privacy > Screenshots. I'm using macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7 if that helps.

I can't click on the "Get Help" button, and I don't know how else I can fix this. 😞 Can someone from the CS team help me or open a ticket for me?

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 12.31.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-07 at 4.07.40 PM.png

Hi Annicca,

Could you please confirm if you tried using the steps Valeria shared in this post? If the problem persists after trying those steps, please let me know so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran!

Thank you so much for your help! It finally worked, I think—Upwork is now listed as an app allowed to Screen Record. Before, it wasn't there. I just had to look for Keyboard Shortcuts and enabled "Take shot of full screen". I tested it and it captured my entire screen. That means it's already ok, right?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Annicca,

Yes your verification was completed and the badge is awarded on your profile as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths