🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Location
Page options
julianamlennie
Community Member

Hi. I´m creating a freelancer profile but I need help with location. I live in Egypt, but doesn´t want it to appear in my profile, as I´m brazilian and I will offer services in portuguese. How can I change my location to Brazil?

Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Juliana:

Where you withdraw your money to is a separate matter.

You can withdraw your money to any bank account that works for you on the platform.

For example, many Upwork freelancers currently live OUTSIDE of the United States, but they withdraw their earnings to a U.S. bank account. That is fine. Upwork has a "U.S. Dollar Wire Transfer" option that can be used by freelancers in countries all over the world, to withdraw to accounts accounts in many different countries.

You may be able to withdraw to a Brazilian-based PayPal or Payonneer account, even though you live in Egypt. I don't know for certain: Both PayPal and Payonner have their own specific rules about where their services may be used. You could check with them.

Read more here:

Manage How You Get Paid

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Juliana:

I think there may have been come confusion about the "Location" field that appears on your profile.

This refers to where you live currently.

It is not a field with which you specify your favorite country, nationality, or where you want to offer your services.

So just leave it as "Egypt."

And you may mention in your profile overview text that you only want to work with clients located in Brazil.

Hi. Thanks for replying.

But what about the payments (in case I manage to get any job...)? I would like it to go straight to my bank account in Brazil. Can I choose that even keeping the location as Egypt?

Thanks.

Juliana:

Where you withdraw your money to is a separate matter.

You can withdraw your money to any bank account that works for you on the platform.

For example, many Upwork freelancers currently live OUTSIDE of the United States, but they withdraw their earnings to a U.S. bank account. That is fine. Upwork has a "U.S. Dollar Wire Transfer" option that can be used by freelancers in countries all over the world, to withdraw to accounts accounts in many different countries.

You may be able to withdraw to a Brazilian-based PayPal or Payonneer account, even though you live in Egypt. I don't know for certain: Both PayPal and Payonner have their own specific rules about where their services may be used. You could check with them.

Read more here:

Manage How You Get Paid

Ok!

Thank you!

7127f0af
Community Member

I am from Kallar Saiyidan, Pakistan. My District Location Is Rawalpindi Pakistan. Can I add the district location to my profile? because No freelancer is available in my Niche. I am confused Please help me.

Hi Muhammad Sohaib,

You should be able to update your location on your settings page if you need to correct it. Are you referring to searching how clients see you? If that's the case, please note that search results will differ depending on who is searching. The results you see will differ from the results a client gets searching for a particular job they posted. That way, we want to ensure every professional gets a chance to be discovered and every client finds what they are looking for.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths