🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Losing my profile?
Page options
pablocarranza69
Community Member

Losing my profile?

Sorry if this is a silly question ...

A friend of mine (who indicated Upwork for me) had his profile canceled (or changed to "private"), I believe by his lack of use. I'm going to travel for 1 month this Christmas, so I'm afraid to lose my profile or have switched to a "private profile". Anyway, my question is:

How long can I be "off" the Upwork activity so I do not worry about losing my profile?

thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Pablo,

Yes, even if your account becomes private you will be able to submit new proposals for the projects and clients to whom you have submitted a proposal will be able to view your profile.

Yes, when your profile is public it will appear in the search results and client that find your skills suitable for their projects will be able to send you invites to apply for their jobs.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Pablo,

Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private. If your profile becomes locked to private in the future, you won't lose your account, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan, or get in touch with us here again and we'll be happy to reset your profile visibility.

Being inactive does not affect a user's account or their reputation. Just make sure to change your availability on your profile and consider setting the out-of-office responder in Messages

Thanks!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I get it now, I believe.
The article was very helpful. If I understand correctly, even if my account
changes to "private" (in my case, as I am a new freelancer in Upwork) I
will have 50 days of public account and if I do not make money in this
period, my account will be changed to private.

What I did not know is that, even if my account is private, I can still
send proposals for jobs, right? After I submit my proposal, will the
customer also see my profile? So what's the difference? Is it that when I
have a public account, the clients would be able to find me to propose me
to work on their projects? That is, Private: Anyone can find me. Public:
Only I can find the jobs (?)

I'm afraid of losing my account because it was very difficult to make one.
I had to try at least 3 times.

thank you!

Hi Pablo,

Yes, even if your account becomes private you will be able to submit new proposals for the projects and clients to whom you have submitted a proposal will be able to view your profile.

Yes, when your profile is public it will appear in the search results and client that find your skills suitable for their projects will be able to send you invites to apply for their jobs.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork
bhaumikptl
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am also facing the same issue and already applied to making my profile public for the last 10 days but still, my profile is private. 

So, My question is how much time will take for this?

Hi Bhaumik,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your profile is reset and the visibility is set to Public.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
bhaumikptl
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you very much for this.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths