🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My client is keeping me hold for a very l...
Page options
779ceb9d
Community Member

My client is keeping me hold for a very long time. What should I do?

Hi!
I got my first client here but he's working for his client which means the project Holder on upwork is act like a recruiter.
I shared him Figma links as asked in protect requirement and it's been almost one and half month passed and I'm still following up for his decision.
Two days ago, he offered me the offer but that's a way too low for that project. He told me to increase the project prize but still no response.

- Should I accept his less offer and ask to increase the 'fixed amount' project milestone?
- Should I disable my FIGMA links, although have taken screenshot?
- Should I wait for his increase in prize money because that's s fixed amount project ?

I'm not angry with my first client but the longevity of protect concerns me.
4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

It sounds like you did the work before the client offered you an official contract, is that true? If so, you won't get any money unless he decides to hire you and pay you; it's not possible to negotiate with someone if you've already delivered the work. 

If, however, this was part of a larger project and the client wants you to do more work, you can negotiate whatever price is acceptable to you. But do not accept the contract and hope that he'll agree to pay you more afterwards - that would be a huge mistake. If you and the client can't come to an agreement, then you should turn down the project and look for other clients.

Amandeep S wrote:

- Should I disable my FIGMA links, although have taken screenshot?

I'm afraid I can't advise you there, since I don't know what that means. But you shouldn't do anything out of malice or revenge.

The one thing that you CAN do is to report the client for asking for free work, and then don't make the mistake of working for free ever again.

Hi !

Figma is an online tool for prototypes/wireframes. The project holder
shared and asked the figma results. He offered me the lesser amount which I
kept on hold and asked him to increase the fixed project fees.

I informed him about hiding my designs.

My reason to flag here because it won't take a client more than 7 days to
hire and it's almost 6 weeks.

With Best,
Amandeep S.

Amandeep:

If a client hasn't even hired you, then you owe that client absolutely nothing.

You certainly don't owe that client any of your time or thoughts.

I can assure you that I don't think about a PROSPECTIVE client who talked to me weeks ago.

ALSO:
If a freelancer actually has been hired, but the contract has been paused by the freelancer, then I don't think about the contract at all.

You need to forget about this client completely. If there comes a time in the future when the client reaches out to you, then don't do ANYTHING for him until he hires you with an official Upwork contract.

Duly noted! It's my first experience on upwork.

Apart from this, there are several contests on your platform who hired
no-skill freelancers instead of skilled freelancer.

Suggestions for your website:
- Please make some validation where freelancers won't able to upload any
file or link before getting hired.

- After getting hired, both freelancer and client face can be seen his
profile.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths