🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My experienced friends have created accounts ...
Page options
imran-designer
Community Member

My experienced friends have created accounts on upwork. Upwork suspended their accounts.

My experienced friends have created accounts on upwork. Upwork suspended their accounts by saying your 10 connects are not successfull.

3 REPLIES 3
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Muhammad,

I understand your concern, but please know we are not suspending a large number of freelancer accounts. We have found only a small portion of our registered users are submitting many proposals but not winning any (or very few) contracts.

In general, we suspend an account when a freelancer repeatedly applies to many jobs but fails to collect earnings or only earns a small amount. We do not like taking this step, but we must do so in the interest of the rest of the Upwork community. Generally many freelancers find success on Upwork when they submit fewer proposals only to jobs they are absolutely sure they can excel at and write outstanding proposals when they do. I hope that helps you.

~Nina
holymell
Community Member

There is no way that Upwork suspended your friend for applying to five jobs and not getting one. That's absurd.

I usually need more than ten connects to get a client. A lot of us do.

They do suspend users who submit a ton of proposals abs don't make much money. But not for applying to only five jobs 🙄

Those five proposals were almost certainly carbon copies of each other. That will get an account suspended, and in short order too.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths