🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My freelancer doesnt answer
Page options
5d7a12ed
Community Member

My freelancer doesnt answer

Its been 6 days and my freelancer doesn’t answer any Messages . What can I do?
8 REPLIES 8
AndreaG

Hi Lourdes,

I'm sorry to hear your freelancer is unresponsive. If you feel your freelancer has been unresponsive for a considerable amount of time, we can have one of our agents reach out to the freelancer on your behalf. Please let me know if this is something you'd like to do.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
5d7a12ed
Community Member

Hi! I would appreciate your help in contacting my freelancer namedCaner. For a week I have been sending him what was missing to finish the job. He told me that he was going to send it to me the next day, since it is urgent for me to finish it before Thursday. I have written a lot of messages and called him in the upwork message window and I am not getting a response.

It's frustrating because we have been working well,but I don’t know what else I can do .

[Image.jpeg]

Hi Lourdes,

Thanks for confirming. One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you in contacting your freelancer. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I need help.

My freelancer does not answer me. I have been working with him for three weeks and not everything was going very well until he agreed to send me the last phase of the work, which was the architectural plans and he did not send me anything.

Last week he told me that he was sick to excuse him that he was going to send me the work soon and he has not.

I would have already hired another frrelancer but being in the final stage I can't think of what to do, since I would have to pay for everything again.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lourdes,

I'm sorry about your experience with this freelancer. Our team will reach out to you directly to assist you with getting in touch with the freelancer and advise on further steps.

~ Bojan
Upwork
66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hey Lordes S,

Sad to know that your freelancer is not responding. You haven't mentioned whether your proceedings are going on with him/her or you want to discuss another project. In the first condition, he would respond sooner or later as he also needs to complete his order. 

However, if the new project is to be discussed, in case of no response, you can move ahead to seek some other responsible and reliable freelancer.

https://www.coupongot.com/

You don't need to wait six days. You don't need to wait any amount of time at all. It is up to you. If you have a time-critical task and one freelancer is not responding, then simply assign this task to another member of your team.

If you need to hire additional freelancers, then do so.

You are never obligated to assign tasks to just one freelancer. All projects of substantial size and/or importance have multiple team members.

66ecf5bc
Community Member

Hi Lourdes,

Sorry to hear that your freelancer is not responding to you. He should not have done so. If his unprofessional behavior lasts long, you should move to Customer Support. See how they fix this issue.

All the best.

Thanks 

https://www.coupongot.com/
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths