🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My profile
Page options
b7d82bf4
Community Member

My profile

Hey upworkers. I am new this platform. If you have a sec please check my bio, and feel free give some advice what should I do to create a better introduction. 

What would you do in my place, if I have a bunch of experience but all of my previous clients don't have linkedin profile. It is needed for testimonials on this platform. If one of my previous clients doesn't have linkedin profile I am not able to send them a request for a recommendation. I think it is an issue because it is hard to represent my experience and prove my social proof. 

thanks in advance, 

peace! 

Zoli 

--

"Stay hungry, stay foolish"
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
voiceovervandeen
Community Member

Hi Zoltan,

I took a quick check through it, & here's the first three things that would jump out at me if I was looking at your profile as a prospective customer.

Time zone & Location - Scam accounts often have the incorrect time zone & location information,
i.e. if you are currently in South America as your profile suggests then people would expect your profile location & time zone to match this.

Spelling - I appreciate English isn't necessarily your first languange, but seeing things like "Don't worrie!" instead of "Don't worry!" would have some people questioning your attention to detail.

Portfolio - If LinkedIn reviews aren't an option, and even if they were, you still need a stellar portfolio so I'd deffinitely have more than the one entry on there showing examples of current websites. I'd also focus primarily on the particular aspect of the website you worked on. i.e. in this case the form.
This would be because anyone checking out the current slatenyc landing page will see it is very different to the version featured in your portfolio piece & it might set them thinking ah, the original he designed wasn't so good so they had to change it. 

Just my initial three thoughts, hope it helps.

EDIT - Just noticed your profile Git-Hub link is a dead link.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
voiceovervandeen
Community Member

Hi Zoltan,

I took a quick check through it, & here's the first three things that would jump out at me if I was looking at your profile as a prospective customer.

Time zone & Location - Scam accounts often have the incorrect time zone & location information,
i.e. if you are currently in South America as your profile suggests then people would expect your profile location & time zone to match this.

Spelling - I appreciate English isn't necessarily your first languange, but seeing things like "Don't worrie!" instead of "Don't worry!" would have some people questioning your attention to detail.

Portfolio - If LinkedIn reviews aren't an option, and even if they were, you still need a stellar portfolio so I'd deffinitely have more than the one entry on there showing examples of current websites. I'd also focus primarily on the particular aspect of the website you worked on. i.e. in this case the form.
This would be because anyone checking out the current slatenyc landing page will see it is very different to the version featured in your portfolio piece & it might set them thinking ah, the original he designed wasn't so good so they had to change it. 

Just my initial three thoughts, hope it helps.

EDIT - Just noticed your profile Git-Hub link is a dead link.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths