🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need Help desperately.......!!!
Page options
a7efa3ee
Community Member

Need Help desperately.......!!!

Hello!

I'm new here and hoping to get some guidance and support from the community members. 

I specialize in Off-Page SEO and can improve your brand's/website's visibility through my guest posting and backlinking services. However, I don't have much of a portfolio on Upwork, and I think that's why clients aren't paying attention to me. I need help finding work. Maybe there are other freelancers who can share work, or clients who need my services. Any guidance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
luce-neidert
Community Member

Syed, the reason why clients are not paying attention to you is probably because there is too much competition right now. If you really mean to get jobs on Upwork, please read all the information and advice Upwork gives to newcomers and stay safe, never accept to contact new clients outside of Upwork - that's how scammers work.

As for portfolios, you don't have to use a job done for a client, you can give examples of what you can do. Try to find something you could show as a portfolio.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
luce-neidert
Community Member

Syed, the reason why clients are not paying attention to you is probably because there is too much competition right now. If you really mean to get jobs on Upwork, please read all the information and advice Upwork gives to newcomers and stay safe, never accept to contact new clients outside of Upwork - that's how scammers work.

As for portfolios, you don't have to use a job done for a client, you can give examples of what you can do. Try to find something you could show as a portfolio.

Hello Dear Luce,

I've implemented your recommendations. Could you please take a moment to visit my profile again and share any additional suggestions for further improvement? Your insights are highly appreciated!

Please guide

Here is my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e921bc59649d628b

Hi Syed, I had a quick look, it all seems rather good. The only thing I would sugest is not to use a capital "Y" in "you", in the first sentence. But then I'm afraid I don't know much about your area of competence!

I'm very glad to see that you've found something to show in your portfolio and I'm happy to see that you've hidden information that you need to keep private.

Have a nice day in Lahore, and again, my best wishes for your journey on Upwork!

Hi Luce, Thank you so much for taking the time to review my work! I appreciate your feedback.

I'm delighted that you noticed the effort in curating my portfolio, and your well wishes mean a lot. Wishing you a wonderful day as well, and I'm grateful for your support on my Upwork journey!

a7efa3ee
Community Member

Thank you so much for your excellent solution! I will follow your advice and complete the task as you suggested.

luce-neidert
Community Member

Glad I was able to help a little. Good luck on your Upwork journey!

Thank you!  I appreciate your encouragement and well wishes.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths