🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need Upwork Community Help
Page options
sehar-arif-malik
Community Member

Need Upwork Community Help

Hi! I am new to upwork. I completed my profile and also bid for three jobs but did not get any! Is there anyone who can see my profile and tell me my mistakes that i have made in my profile and suggestions to these problems!

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Sehar A wrote:

Hi! I am new to upwork. I completed my profile and also bid for three jobs but did not get any! Is there anyone who can see my profile and tell me my mistakes that i have made in my profile and suggestions to these problems!

Thanks in advance!

Three proposals is nothing! You are in one of the most competitive categories on Upwork with literally hundreds of thousands of freelancers competing against each other. The vast majority never make any money at all, ever.

Your profile is poor. It is all about yourself, not about what value you bring to a client. You have a grand total of one very average and entirely uninspiring portfolio item.

If you were a client, looking at your profile would YOU hire yourself when there are 50 or 100 other applicants with better proposals, profiles and portfolios?

No? Well, then raise your game, improve your profile, build a meaningful portfolio and keep trying.

Thanks for suggestions!
wlyonsatl
Community Member

If you are new to Upwork, you may need to apply to a few hundred jobs before you get a feel for what sort of response rate you should expect from potential clients. If you improve your profile and your application process over time, your response rate should improve as long as you can clearly differentiate yourself compared to the freelancers you are competing against.

I don’t know exactly, but I’d say I get a new job for every 12 – 15 proposals I submit on new projects - about an 8 percent success rate. I have no idea whether that is high, low or average across all of Upwork’s freelancers.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths