🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Need help getting started on Upwork? Free coa...
Page options
HildaM
Staff
Staff

Need help getting started on Upwork? Free coaching is available!

Hi everyone! My name is Hilda and I'm one of the four Upwork Coaches from Upwork Academy, an accessible and interactive suite of informational resources and best practices for using Upwork.

What is Upwork Coaching? The coaching team is here to help no matter where you are in your Upwork journey! We are here to provide tips on how to grow your business on Upwork, answer strategy questions, and be your guide. We provide cohort coaching to bring support and advice to more Upwork Community members at once and personalized one-to-one coaching as well.

What is a coaching cohort you ask? It’s an online group on our Community page dedicated to helping talent start and grow their freelancing business. While this is a community group setting, you will have an opportunity to schedule a 1:1 call with the assigned Upwork Coach or attend an “Ask Me Anything” call. 

Join the Getting Started in Upwork cohort that starts on August 29, 2022, and runs for two weeks. Click the link request to join.  

I am looking forward to helping you succeed!

UPDATE: this specific cohort has been closed and we'll be closing this thread from further responses. That said, our coaches offer help and tips in other cohorts you can find and check out here

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All,

This cohort has been closed and therefore we'll be closing this thread from further responses. That said, feel free to check out  this page for other new and upcoming cohorts.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

92 REPLIES 92
jenny-tanan
Community Member

hi thanks for the reply. this waht he said "do first entry for trial If you have got verified so we will proceed to contract will pay 5$ for 3 verified entries", yeah you may try your one no issue in that ,if got worked i will transfer the entry my side" 

only issue is i will use my google account for th business name listing.

is it okay to use my goggle account?

Tell them you are not doing anything without them opening a contract. Even for a trial, they have to open a contract. With a contract, they'll have to pay throught Upwork. Otherwise, they will probably find all sort of excuses not to pay you.

To me, they don't seem to be reliable. By the way, it's against the rules to get paid outside of Upwork, that gives you a good reason to refuse their offer.

jenny-tanan
Community Member

thank you so much for the clarification. 

86192f58
Community Member

Hello Hilda

I just joined Upwork. I missed your course. Are you going to have another course in close future?

Thank you 

Best Regards

Rasoul

700c36eb
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

I've got a question and can you tell me how to deal with it?

A client sent me a link and required to join the "dail in by phone", then I click the link.

And it prompt out a new page, then I didn't do anything but just click "dail", then nothing come out.

About two minutes, the meeting ended, and I didn't figure out how should I join in the call.

Should I have to get an account of Zoom or fill in my own phone number in China then click "dail"?

Looking forward for your feedback and thanks a lot.

Regards,

Colleen.

02a3cf95
Community Member

How can I get recognized for doing my first job here as a freelancer?

bd8ab635
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

I have just joined Upwork and have no idea how to start bidding, get projects and other details. The Aug 29, 2022 session is a past date, Is there any such session that would happen soon again so I can join?

b4b2b0ba
Community Member

Hello Hilda, 

Please am a new member in Upwork, how do I get response to my proposal, just sent 2 proposal and no response yet.

I sincerely need your assistance.

Thank you

16e62a1a
Community Member

Hello Hilda, I'm new here and I could really use some help. Can you help me? 

01d95a2c
Community Member

Hi Ms Hilda. 
Hope you are doing great.

Member of Upwork for more than 6 months now, I have submitted 25 proposals. Two were viewed, and I got an interview for them, but I didn't get the jobs at the end. I have read and seen a lot of Upwork's articles and webinaries, but I'm still struggling to get hired.

Would you mind going through my profile and seeing if you have a piece of advice for me and some tips about proposal's submission?

Kindly!

8bb0999f
Community Member

Hi, Hilda I have completed my profile 100% and I have tried alot but didn't get any project yet please suggest me give me some tips how can I get project here and start my business on this plateform Thank you

melissa_cooper
Community Member

Hello Hilda and all the community here! I've had an Upwork account for a while and am finally dipping my toe in. I'm confused about whether we can reveal our surnames at all. I was about to send a proposal with samples that contain my last name and wondered if that's okay or I might find myself in trouble. 🙂 I'm happy to remove my last name, but I thought I'd check here first. I've written for brokerages, where sharing last names was forbidden, so I want to avoid any issues as I get started.

Also, if another coaching session comes up, I'd love to participate.

Best wishes to everyone getting your projects and thanks so much for any thoughts on this!

Melissa

dipankardey74
Community Member

Please solve the issue
Could I add Youtube or any website link when submitting a proposal?

Hi Dipankar,

Thank you for your message. You can share links to your external portfolios as long as they do not include any direct contact information. Portfolios are an important part of a freelancer’s bidding process to show off their past work and their potential to complete a future project. When you share these website links, please remind your potential clients to only communicate with you through Upwork until a contract is in place.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
dcb75a3c
Community Member

Hi Hildah am very new here and i have just uploaded my profile kindly assist me on what to improve so that i may start getting clients kind regards 

abut2269
Community Member

i running start 

0292cb20
Community Member

Hello Ma'am i new to upwork i have make my profile and all the stuff but i dont have bank account i have only iban account number but i still searching for work but i have not done any work because of no one give me work and the proposals was declined by clients

69d47690
Community Member

hi hilda im sending my conects related with my skills but no replies are comming and no one hiring me and my connects are 0 now what shoud i do?

71ef7697
Community Member

how to gain connecters?

2c6539cd
Community Member

Hello My name is Jay and I am struggling to find work on upwork so need your help to find the work.

ammarashraf4
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

I am new on upwork & want to get projects but after submitting to much proposal, I still not get any response from clients.

Kindly guide me that how can I get projects. I update my profile at my best but I have no experience on upwork that's why I could not complete my profile.

I need your help for ur side 

Kindly advise please

asif7998khan
Community Member

hi i m new on upwork please help me

thew3web256
Community Member

Hello Hilda.

I have joined this platform many times, 2 years now without any job to persue, I'm always bidding for jobs here but unfortunately I haven't got any yet. Nevertheless, I will never ever give up bidding for jobs, but will you please assist me on how to place a successful bid and enjoy this platform forever?

I will appreciate your couching please,

Thank you.

zaynqadri
Community Member

Glad to read your post. Looking forward to attend the coaching session live. I love FREE things 🙂

9e1e8678
Community Member

Hi Hilda, I would really appreciate if you could take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements or comments. I'm new to Upwork and haven't gotten any jobs yet. I have completed my profile to 95%, but it is still not verified, I don't know if maybe that is one of the reasons why I am still not getting any?. Thank you.

416f3f08
Community Member

Hi Hilda,  Im new to upwork.  I just dont know how to start in finding job here. Already created my account and everything. My upwork account is already set up 100%. Also I submitted a proposal back then for a work but still up until now no one hired me. How can I get more clients here? 

Hoping for a response from you and hoping you can help me with this. Thank you. 

34ab1377
Community Member

hello,

I just created a profile and am new to the marketplace. Could you help me get my first job, please?

da9b3c03
Community Member

Hi, my name is Rustam. I have ceated my account in Upwork but i do not understand how it works, How can I contact with client?

Hi Rustam,

Welcome to Upwork! We’re here to help you navigate the world of online work. Let’s start with the basics here at Upwork. You’ll find a list of essential resources here.

Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork
0fb2c05c
Community Member

Dear Hilda,

Im new to this upwork and joined past 2 weeks ago but i dont get any job....kindly help me with some tips to get clients.

Regards,

Syed

88edc041
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

How can i join the upwork coaching

diane00313
Community Member

Hi Hilda, 

I need help. I want to apply for a few jobs and not sure how to do that. 

How do you and I connect? 

Thank you. 

Diane L Vanderlaan 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Member

Hi, I am Ali. new to Upwork. I have completed everything on my Upwork profile. but still, my proposal is not shown after being submitted. and my project catalog is still in review 4 days ago. can anybody guide me? what I do next.

64ef0fe7
Community Member

Hi, 

I am new to Upwork and want to get projects but after submitting many proposals, I still not get any response from clients.

Kindly guide me that how can I get projects. I update my profile at my best but I have no experience on Upwork that's why I could not complete my profile.

I need your help.

Kindly advise, please

167ac944
Community Member

Hi Hilda M, please check my profile and give me your opinion on how to improve it.

0911be16
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

I would very much like to complete my profile, however, I am unable to upload my profile pic.  I have done every suggested tweak, ensured the proper format, size, etc.... and It will not work.  

Please advise - thank you!

mussawer-syed
Community Member

Hi Hilda I am new in upwork so kindly Help me out to How to get Approach  a client i have been working in this industry about 6 years. let me know

101c28f5
Community Member

I'm looking forward to joining you next cohort 

9d15d747
Community Member

Hi,

I am interested...

kalsikanu3
Community Member

Hi Hilda, I thank you for sharing your thought. I have a question, Can you please let me how to get the client from upwork in new Upwork Id. And my id is private, it is not convertinto the public.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths