Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New accounts.

Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
1 of 14

I'm really surprised.
How is it possible that so many profiles are being approved, which are either not because there is no information or they are clearly false (both in data and in portfolio)?

I only remember when I made my account and it cost me a lot of revisions to be accepted. And now there are some that are accepted automatically.

Is not Upwork trying to get rid of all this?
Well, I should start cutting it from the beginning, when creating the profile.

I would like to know who is cheating all these people who ask "stupid" questions in the forum, which only serves to make themselves more evident Smiley Sad

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 14

Hi Maria,

Please note that users can post in the Community forums before submitting their profile for review and don't need to have their profiles approved beforehand. I understand your concern prompted by the recent activity in the forums and can assure you we are continuing to monitor and ensure our profile review process is working as expected.

Community Guru
3 of 14

Thanks for the info Vladimir.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 14

When VLAD DADDY is in town, the spamistan accounts never see the light of day.

Community Guru
5 of 14

LOL

He is SuperVlad!
Good for him.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 14

Vladimir G wrote:

Please note that users can post in the Community forums before submitting their profile for review and don't need to have their profiles approved beforehand. I understand your concern prompted by the recent activity in the forums and can assure you we are continuing to monitor and ensure our profile review process is working as expected.

Most (almost all) of those profiles are approved, some are many years old, none have ever earned any money. They likely just lay dormant for years, then the "zombie-profile apocalypse happened"  Smiley Wink

Community Guru
7 of 14

Petra R wrote:

Most (almost all) of those profiles are approved, some are many years old, none have ever earned any money. They likely just lay dormant for years, then the "zombie-profile apocalypse happened"  Smiley Wink

Yes, I have seen some with 3 and 4 years.
All have suddenly revived!
It's a miracle!!

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 14

Petra R wrote:

Vladimir G wrote:

That's what keeps me entertained by all this drama. Always the same country, but years and YEARS of inactivity and suddenly they spam the forum with a copy/paste question. I get the auto accepted spam accounts and what they are doing, but it almost seems like there's some rumor that spamming the forum will earn you money lol. 

The ones that want to suddenly change their country to China might be a clue.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
9 of 14

Jennifer M wrote:

I get the auto accepted spam accounts and what they are doing...

What ARE they doing? I don't get it.

Community Guru
10 of 14

Christine A wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

I get the auto accepted spam accounts and what they are doing...

What ARE they doing? I don't get it.

Me neither. What do you mean, Jennifer?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS