🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,412 REPLIES 5,412

Asslam-oAlaikum!

hello. i am saeed. i hope you will  be fine I am new  here kindly help me in this regard in job searching etc actually its new plat form for me.

Looking for Handy Man Apartments Maintenance Services 

Also have full recording studio and Media center. 
Merch printing 

Many Thanks

Hi Zakia! I'm new here and I want to learn and improve my video editing skills. Would you help me out? I want to work here also to provide for my family needs. By the way i'm from the philippines and I hope that you can help me to grow and to imrprove my skills. Thank you and have a nice day

Thanks

I am new here and am looking for jobs related to transcription,proofreading,copywriting or translation,can you help me too please

How do I meke my profile stand out please

Hello Zakia, I'm Rizwan, a new member on Upwork. I'm actively seeking job opportunities in the field of graphic designing. Could you please guide me on how to secure a job on the platform?

Hi zakia I'm new here, please I'm looking for a job and I will be glad if you help me get one

I'm looking for a translation job or chat operator job or transcription, I'm good at the three of them

Hy

I am Saba Aheer 

I am a freelancer and I am a language translator of all the languages and can edit the AI writing into human writting.

Hey my name is bitaniya i am new for up work and can you tell me how can i get the works finding jobs

Hello,am Aesly,am new here

Please I need a script writing, mathematical computation or poems writing Jobs.

Thankyou

Hola Zaika un gusto saludarte desde Comodoro Rivadavia un pueblo casi donde termina Argentina, hace poco decidi que voy a emigrar a eruopa y de alli viajar a conocer el mundo, por ello y con mis mas de 20 años de experiencia en contabilidad y administracion entre a upwork para armar un perfil que reuna mi basto conocimineto pero aun no logro destacar, te interesaria echarme una mano para ver en que puedo mejorarlo? te lo agradeceria mucho! Estoy conociendo la plataforma, ansiosa por lograr mi primer trabajo. Gracias por tus apasionadas palabras.

Hey Zakia I am new here and find job would u like to help me.

I also new here.
I hope I could get wonderful opportunity to improve my life.

That's great to hear! Being new on Upwork opens up a world of possibilities for you to improve your life. With your skills and determination, I'm sure you'll find wonderful opportunities to showcase your talent and make a positive impact. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need any guidance or support along the way. Good luck on your Upwork journey! :glowing_star:

Hi, I'm new here. Hoping to lear a new sets of skills and hoping to get part time job during my free time. Maybe anyone could give some tips how to start.

Hi I am also new here what can I do for finding work

Hi, yes I wanted find a job of content writer.

Yes

Nayeem

Hi what is work 

Work refers to activities that people engage in to earn a living or
contribute to society. It can include various tasks, such as employment,
freelancing, entrepreneurship, or volunteering. Work allows individuals to
utilize their skills and talents while also providing them with financial
stability and personal fulfillment.

Muhammad Atif P wrote:

i m loking a claifor some work

Hey Kamsy F!

Sure, I can help you clarify some work-related questions. Just let me know what you need assistance with, and I'll do my best to provide you with the information you're looking for. Feel free to ask!

hi iam new freelancer

i m loking a claint for some work

Yes I am here 

Yes do try and u will get success and do practice, practice makes a man perfect of all thing specially English language best of luck.    See u meet again 

Upwork alogritham and currently English checker/Changer needed improvement , hope it will be perfect soon

Hi, what type of work 

I am available 

Okay, can you share your profile link so i can check and let you know your profile update or not.

Hy

I am Saba Aheer 

I am a freelancer and I am a language translator of all the languages and can edit the AI writing into human writting :hundred_points:

Hello

I am a expert translator.

English  to urdu

He has 10 years of experience

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to enjoy writing on a variety of assignments, as well as meeting other writers online in a friendly and positive forum. I am expertise in data entry jobs.

I haven't done this kind fo writing before and am looking forward to it.

Hey there!

That's awesome that you're excited to explore different writing assignments and connect with other writers online. It's a great way to expand your skills and network. If you have any questions about getting started or need any tips for data entry jobs, feel free to ask. I'm here to help and support you on your writing journey. 

Hi my name is Arielle, I have over six years of experience as a vedio editor and motion design in creative marketing. I'm trying out the whole freelance scene. I really love what i do and creating ads for social media and researching social media for trends and using that for my advantage. 

I had a couple conversations with clients and i feel like I'm not searching maybe in the right way. They ask for like a crazy inhuman amount of social media ads like 15 a week for 10$ an hour. Lets just acknowledge that it's almost close to impossible to create that much as one person. I feel like I'm doing something worng. 

i'm from Israel 

Hello Arielle! I agree with you. Sometimes it gives the impression that some client doesn't have the slightest idea of the work their request requires. Anyway, we have the opportunity to propose prices, although sometimes there is not so much to negotiate.

Hi I'm nid the job kids stores books copywrite working

Hey Arielle!

It's great to hear that you have a passion for video editing and motion design in creative marketing. Freelancing can be a rewarding experience, but it can also be challenging to find clients who value your skills and time appropriately. It's important to set realistic expectations and communicate your limitations.

When clients ask for an unrealistic amount of work for a low rate, it's okay to negotiate or kindly decline if it doesn't align with your capabilities. Remember, your time and expertise are valuable. Don't be discouraged, keep searching for clients who appreciate your talent and are willing to pay a fair rate. You got this!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths