🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: New here? Please introduce yourself!
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

New here? Please introduce yourself!

Hey all!

Welcome to the Upwork Community! Check out this list of Upwork Community offerings and explore how you can participate, attend events, learn best practices, and become even more successful with Upwork.

To kick start your community journey, we recommend introducing yourself to your fellow. Using the questions we’ve provided (or a style all your own), reply to this post and tell us a little about yourself!

1. What field do you work in, and where are you located?
  2. What are you hoping to learn from other members? 
  3. What (or who) inspires you?

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

5,412 REPLIES 5,412

Great job brother 👍🏻

Nice logo!  Thanks for sharing!!

Hi everybody here 

I'm abdifatah Ahmed  , I'm social worker and also sociologist in 9 years experience and I'm certified of entrepreneur and owner of Farmers 

Hello! I'm Bukar Ali Zarma, a Business Administration graduate with a diverse background in writing, product management, and public relations. I have strong Communication skills and expertise in Microsoft office Packages. I am Highly skilled in leadership, project management, and problem-solving. I am confident, versatile, and adept at resolving problems and meeting client’s needs. I work Dynamically and enthusiastically in teams to meet deadline
What Field do you work in, and where are you located?
i currently work as a Logistic officer at Lafarge Africa in Gombe State, Nigeria. My responsibilities include ensuring compliance with workplace health, safety, and environmental Policies, interacting with internal customers to increase efficiency, monitoring implementation of dispatch plans, and performing various other logistics- related tasks.

What are you hopping to learn from other member?
I am hoping to learn from other members about their experiences and insights in the field of business administration, product management and public relations, i believe that by engaging with other members, i can gain valuable knowledge and perspectives that will help me further develop my skills and, in my career,
What (or who) inspires you?
I draw inspiration from various sources, but one person who has greatly inspired me is Elon Musk. His relentless pursuit of innovation, his ability to think outside the box, and his determination to make positive impact on the world have always motivated ne to push my boundaries on strive for excellence. i admire his entrepreneurial spirit and his commitment to solving some of the world's most pressing challenges.

You are welcome

1. FB_IMG_16822061048335445.jpg

 Am new here am a ware :house: store manager am good in bussiness administration i wish to get a job that will suit my profession

Am am good in business administration an am presently working as warehouse manager

Hi there! Im Tina,

Currently, I work as an HR staff doing HR tasks. Part of my job includes end to end recruitment  and I do have an Indeed employer account.

I currently work for one client on a job posting on Indeed.

Hopefully, i get more clients here ,

Good day! I am very glad to become part of this community. Looking forward for more job offers in this website. This is a very helpful platform for me to become a virtual assistant. I will surely do my best to give my future clients a satisfaction. 

Hello everybody...I'm looking for job as proofreader in italian language.

Hello... 

I'm new here. I'm looking for job freelance for my new experience. 

I can be your virtual assistant and I will do my best for it. 

Hi, 

I am an engineer and had a six years of corporate experience, currently looking for projects related to the field of education or online teaching.

Hello, I am an Industrial Engineer and my field of expertise is the continuous improvement of processes. Currently, I am located in Lima, which is the capital city of Peru. I am hoping to learn from the experiences of other community members regarding how to negotiate with customers. It's inspiring to know that I will be able to share my own knowledge and gain more experience in the process.

Hello

Hi! I'm Haftom, a Python enthusiast from the beautiful Tigray region in Ethiopia. I am currently honing my skills in Python and eager to kickstart my career in this field. As I embark on this journey, I am hopeful to learn from others' experiences and gain insights on attracting my first clients. So, I would greatly appreciate any advice or tips from seasoned professionals or fellow learners on how to achieve success and establish a strong client base.

Thank you in advance for your guidance and I look forward to hearing from you!

Hi, I am having trouble finding jobs on an entry level where i can show and prove my skills. I also have an issue understanding the basics of the platform 

Welcom. I'd be happy to help you out if possible. Ask to add to my network so we can message.

Your profile needs a lot more detail. It is to vague for my liking! Good Luck

Respected Sir/Madam’

I am totally new to this type of work and specifically I have started this
work after my retirement i.e. 31/10/2023.
I will try my best to make my profile strong as early as possible.

With regards,

S.M.Panchal🙏

Hi, I'm Vebby. I am new in this freelancer job. I'm an online private teacher for international students.

Welcome and best of luck. Be sure you do a great job on that profile!

Hi! I am Nomsa. Residing in Bronkhorstspruit.  I am currently an assistant administrator at school.

I'm hoping to do data entry jobs or any other clerical job and I'd love to hear from others how to attract first clients. I would also like to know standard rate per hour.

I am self driven person, very dedicated and passionate about my job.

I have a Bachelor degree in Foundation phase.

I would like to have some one who can mentor me as I am a beginner.

Hello, I'm Isaiah, a Graphics designer of years of experience. I'm new here. I hope to be put through on how to get jobs online. 

Hi I am newly here. I have learnt Software Engineering but I have any experience in this field. I like to get some experience from this platform. I like to enroll Data entry area and Data Analyst.

Thanks 

Hi, Im Franz Ahyessa! Im an incoming college student finding a job to have an extra allowance. I can do video editing, pgoto editing, modeling, typing or even tutoring.

Hi there. You should make your profile public so we can all see what you do and help you get ahead!

Good Luck!

Hi,

Im new here, ready to learn and gain tips to start getting work. I appreciate all assistance i can get.

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this platform.

*I can use 10 finger keyboard.

*I can use excell well. *

I am a turkish citizen, I can translate intermediate level english.

*I am experienced in reporting, analysis and research.

*I can also use photoshop at an advanced level. I can make brand and logo designs.

I would be happy to help anyone who has a job in the jobs I mentioned above.

I'm Tunde postgraduat in computer science. I want to work to secure funds to pursue PhD. Program.

While seeking freelancer job as a  ghost writter and any related as contents writing. I also which to learn from others who are proficient and master in upwork platform.

Thanks

Thank you for your kindness

Hello,

I am a Certified Bookkeeper and I am new in this marketplace.

Good day all, 

My name is Debby, Im based in Zimbabwe. I am looking for work in admin, office, data entry, proof-reading, writing, reading ... whatever I can do and am keen to learn. I have worked on several office programs, I've  worked at various jobs, love photography, wildlife inspired by many things, art, animals crafty things... 

I am new here, so any advice would be welcome. 

have a great day

Hi, Lacey!  Learning graphic design is a fun journey!  How are you starting your own explorations?  Have you taken any classes?  Your logo design has some fun features - the small "brush" attached to the L is both striking and simple.  Logo design can be challenging, trying to say so much with so little!  Good luck to you and I hope your dreams come true!

Terri Muharsky

Hi everyone, I am Ama. Work in the holistic health and wellness niche. I am here to clients to work with. Thank you. 😊 

Hi Lacey, 

I saw your desing business logo, it looks impressive. I liked the way you have used the colors - you seem to be a cool and calm personality, which is required the most in succeeding especially in logo designing art.

Best Wishes!

Chetan.

Can you help by getting a job ?

##- you can find the job and equal your skill and experience -##

Hi! I'm Mihir. I'm Front-end developer. I'd love to find some type of apprenticeship. I am in the  india. 

I'm hoping to learn to be successful in my career and I'd love to hear from others how to attract first clients. 

music and interesting new things inspires me when I'm working, but I find inspiration in the things I go and do. 

I'm currently studying blender 3d rendering. I attached a copy of my logo for my own design business that I made.

Hello everyone, I have a problem in upwork platform that recently I have 2 offers but the main problem is that I can't accept the offer because the accept button is disabled. I also share the screenshot with you to see. How do I work with Upwork if I can't accept 2 offers at the start time?

Hi everyone, I'am new here and I just know now that there is a website wherein I can be paid while doing my passion. I love making a presentation, magazine, and editing videos. Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths