🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New here - Sketchy Proofreading Job Post?
Page options
331d7fa7
Community Member

New here - Sketchy Proofreading Job Post?

I am new here, literally just submitted my first proposals today and still learning the system. I submitted a proposal for a proofreading gig and was almost immediately given a message from a **Edited for Community Guidelines** for a Skype interview.  This is the message: 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

My question is, do employers know that they should always communicate on Upwork? 

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Megan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please let them know that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. We also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Additionally, I encourage you to check this thread and this help article to help you stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
043d3d61
Community Member

I too, was sent a message to interview via skype, for this freelancer position. And now the job is no longer availble on Upwork, even though it was just posted yesterday...Definitely a scam! 

Hi Wendy,

The removal of the job post is a confirmation that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client's account. Our teams are working around the clock monitoring and addressing the situation around scam and spam jobs, including higher than usual volumes of scam posts, constantly changing methods of scam accounts and gaps in user education around Upwork TOS and safety.

Please review and articles Nikola shared above for you to be more acquainted with how to stay safe on Upwork. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths