🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » New to upwork, had jobs that didn't pay
Page options
danantonio
Community Member

New to upwork, had jobs that didn't pay

Hi, i'm new to upwork. I did two jobs that I didn't get paid.

• first job was an hourly job, which I didn't activated the time tracker because I didn't know about it. But the client said that he would put in the time manually

• second job was a fixed rate job. I finished the job, submitted the work, but the client said that she didn't receive the work and said that she did the job herself.

What should I do about this jobs?

2 REPLIES 2
rverang
Community Member

@Dan Albert A wrote:

Hi, i'm new to upwork. I did two jobs that I didn't get paid.

• first job was an hourly job, which I didn't activated the time tracker because I didn't know about it. But the client said that he would put in the time manually

• second job was a fixed rate job. I finished the job, submitted the work, but the client said that she didn't receive the work and said that she did the job herself.

What should I do about this jobs?

Were you officially hired, meaning these 2 contracts are on your "My Jobs" page?

If you are:

1. you are the one who is supposed to enter the time, manually. For future hourly contracts, make sure to always use the tracker so you have payment protection.

2. You should submit the work using the "Submit Work/Request Payment" button.

The main reason you haven't been paid in these 2 jobs is you are not fully aware of how to use the platform. Read all the help tips, specifically the pinned thread in the the "New to Upwork" section so you can avoid these things happening again.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Dan:

For both of these jobs, you made mistakes. That is why you were not paid.

You wanted to learn Upwork by jumping in and trying it out, rather than reading about how it works.

That's okay! That is a legitimate way to learn.

What should you do about these jobs?

You should learn all you can about what mistakes you made, so that you will not make the same mistakes again.

And you should understand that you will not be paid for those jobs, and you should not try to get paid for those jobs. Those jobs are in your past. But what you learned from them is what makes your future bright.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths