🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Panyment issue, I need to understand
Page options
graphixtion
Community Member

Panyment issue, I need to understand

Hello everyone,
I am Tanmay and i am new here. And I think I need to understand the billing system.

I got an order through a buyer request. Buyer submitted the order with 2 milestones. $15+$15. After completing the first project, the buyer wants to stop the order.
I submitted the work as well and requested payment for the milestone. And the buyer approved the milestone-
Milestone 1: "completion".

Due: Monday, June 7, 2021

Amount paid: $0.01

My account balance adjusted with the $0.01 only.

I don't know that how the system works here and how it's happening. Can someone help me out from here !?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Tanmay,

If the client release the partial milestone amount for work submitted any remaining funds can be used to fund the next milestone, or they can request an escrow refund for the remaining amount. You can read more here about this.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tanmay,

It looks like the client approved only a partial amount of the milestone payment and requested the requested for a refund of the rest of the funds in the Escrow

You have already approved the refund from Escrow. Please speak with your client about issuing a bonus payment on the closed contract since only funds deposited in Escrow qualify for Upwork Fixed-Price Protection.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan, Thanks for the reply.

But how could the client approve only a partial amount of the milestone payment after delivering the product, whereas the deal was about $15 !?

And the "Requested payment for the milestone" was $15 also.

Regards

Hi Tanmay,

If the client release the partial milestone amount for work submitted any remaining funds can be used to fund the next milestone, or they can request an escrow refund for the remaining amount. You can read more here about this.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I think I had accepted the request mistakenly...

Thank you so much. Now I think I understood the processor.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths