🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » PayPal issue
Page options
821b0886
Community Member

PayPal issue

Hi everyone,

I'm new on Upwork and I've done my first job succesfully. The thing is, I have my PayPal account connected to Upwork, so I can recieve payment there. I know it can take almost 24 hrs to recieve it, but anyway, I wanted to know if there's mandatory for know to add the credit card number (I understand this is required to stract money, but what if I want to have the money in my account?).

My client payed me, and I have prove of that. But money isn't in my paypal account, though Upwork says I have the money. Should I wait till the 24 hrs complete?

Thanks in advance,

Daniela

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Daniela,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked and can see that the payment for the contract you're referring to it's pending. Just to clarify, for Fixed-Price contracts, after the client approves a milestone, the payment for that milestone will go through a standard five-day security period. You'll be able to check this by going to Reports> Overview and selecting the "Pending" tab.  After that period ends, the funds will become available for you to withdraw to your payment method (in this case PayPal) and you can either wait for it to be automatically withdrawn based on the schedule you've set, or you can request to get paid immediately by going to Settings> Get Paid and clicking on the "Get Paid Now" button. Feel free to check this help article to learn more, and here if you wish to know how would that work for Hourly contracts.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths