🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment Upon Completion of Contract
Page options
cmitchell2018
Community Member

Payment Upon Completion of Contract

I was scheduled for payment today, December 1, 2021, but my account shows a $0 balance. I completed and closed my contract. Was I not supposed to?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cindy,

I was able to locate the time you have logged last week. Timesheet for last week is available for the client’s review this week. You can check your In Review tab in order to confirm the status of the payment you're looking for. 

You can check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

Once funds become available in your account balance, you’ll be able to withdraw the funds to the payment method using the Get Paid Now button under the Available tab or by going to your Settings> Get Paid and clicking Get Paid Now. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Cindy M wrote:

I was scheduled for payment today, December 1, 2021, but my account shows a $0 balance. I completed and closed my contract. Was I not supposed to?

What schedule do you mean? Was the amount in available or pending? And no, you should never end a contract yourself, but that's for a different reason, namely getting feedback. There is never a good reason to end it yourself. 

Under get paid, it states payment schedule. It did list December 1, 2021. But I ended contract as successfully completed. Now it shows $0 available under payment balance. I believe it cleared since I ended the contract.

The client stated that payment came out of her account. So upwork has the payment. They don’t have a contact number, so I don’t know how to contact them.

Do you know what I need to do to get my payment?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cindy,

I was able to locate the time you have logged last week. Timesheet for last week is available for the client’s review this week. You can check your In Review tab in order to confirm the status of the payment you're looking for. 

You can check the Weekly Billing Cycle article for more information about the schedule to release hourly payments. It takes about 10 days for payments to be processed. The first week is when you log time on an hourly contract, which ends every Sunday. The client then has 5-days to review, and/or, dispute any the hours logged on the Work Diary. If there are no issues with the hours logged, the payment for the contract will then go to a 5-day security period before it becomes available on your account.

Once funds become available in your account balance, you’ll be able to withdraw the funds to the payment method using the Get Paid Now button under the Available tab or by going to your Settings> Get Paid and clicking Get Paid Now. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I understand everything now. Thank you for clairification. So next time, I also understand that I do not need to end a contract. That is for the client to end, correct?

Hi Cindy,

That is correct. We advise freelancers to let a client is close a contract, in which case they are prompted to provide feedback on it. If a contract is closed by the freelancer, an email is sent to the client to notify them about it and to encourage them to leave feedback. You can check this help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths