🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment methods
Page options
chrisletguerrero
Community Member

Payment methods

Hello, I am new here and I have a problem with your payment methods. You see I have had 3 paypal accounts and because of the country I come from they have all taken my money they have cancelled my account with all my savings and just forgotten I existed and kept it. 

I found a bank that can receive my money with Paypal and multiple paywalls but since I want to receive paypal your buttons just keep taking me to log in to Paypal and the way that bank works is that the person paying sends the money into their account and you need information from the person paying you and a screenshot of the payment and they within 10 minutes place the money into your account, what do I do about this? Do I just register my own paypal account and send the money to the secure one or do I just close my upwork account because depending on how much you get payed is easier for Paypal to close your account for suspicious activity even though my income has always been due to work payments 

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chislet,

To use PayPal, you must make sure that your verified name on Upwork matches the name on your PayPal account. If you haven't verified your name yet, be sure that your profile name matches the name on your PayPal account.

If you’d like to explore other ways to receive your payments, you can check the payment method options available to you by clicking on “Add Method” in the “Get Paid” section of your Upwork account (under “Settings”).

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

This literally didn't help, but thanks

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths