🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment protection also applicable for paymen...
Page options
61b44475
Community Member

Payment protection also applicable for payments without milestones?

Is payment protection also applicable to payments to be received only at the end of the project instead of milestones? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Essentially, "payment by project" is a project with a single milestone. The key term is "fixed-price".

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sofia2008
Community Member

Aseem J wrote:

Is payment protection also applicable to payments to be received only at the end of the project instead of milestones? 

If you mean as a "bonus" (amount not in escrow to be paid at the end), you should not accept bonus as a main payment. A bonus should be a bonus, for exemple, for a job well done, minor adjustment, etc...

Here is a help article on payment protection.

Upwork Payment Protection – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Hello Sophie 

Thanks for your response

Padron me, I didn't use the right Upwork terminology as I am new to Upwork.

I meant to ask, is Payment Protection also applicable if we take payment by project and not by milestone?"

Payment by project or payment by milestone are both fixed-price contract, so you can refer to Fixed-Price Protection in the help article I sent you.

Yes Sophie I have referred to that article even earlier. Actually I wanted clarification because of 3rd point mentioned there as below:-

• "You can file a dispute if your client refuses to release the payment for a completed milestone.

The use of the word "milestone" has caused confusion. It doesn't talk about "payment by project"

Essentially, "payment by project" is a project with a single milestone. The key term is "fixed-price".

Thanks a lot for solving my query.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths