Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number verification on new account

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
11 of 26

Hi Shyanne,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well and you can continue the correspondence from there.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Jubilee S Member Since: Sep 24, 2019
12 of 26

Hello,

I am also traveling abroad temporarily and am stuck on the phone verification step in setting up my account. I am based in the US but am traveling with a foreign number. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
13 of 26

Hi Jubilee,

Please confirm your current location and our team will update your country, then you will be able to update the rest of your address.
Once you`re back in US, you can update your location and verify your phone number. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Jubilee S Member Since: Sep 24, 2019
14 of 26

Thank you for the reply! I'm currently in Mexico and am using a local phone number.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
15 of 26

Hi Jubilee,

Your country is now updated, feel free to update your address when you`re ready. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Jessica A Member Since: Dec 22, 2019
16 of 26

Hello I am having the a similar issue. I live overseas (APO address) and I am unable to confirm my phone number to finish my profile set up.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
17 of 26

Hi Jessica, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you and assist you with you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Sherif H Member Since: Jan 24, 2020
18 of 26

Hi,

Having the same issue here. Tried to find a work-around but it looks like there is no way.

I registered at first adding the U.S. as my country, but I am currently in Italy and planning to stay here for probably more than a year, so I need to update my country to Italy, but without an active U.S. phone number I cannot finish the registration process and therefore cannot change my country.

A piece of advice guys: it should be possible for a user to change country as many times as he/she wants, without restrictions, until the verification process is completed.

I.E. "Don't have an active phone number for the county you chose previously? We are sorry, but this is a required step to complete your registration. If you want, you can change your country by clicking here."

I really don't see the point of resticting that and then at the end of the process asking the user to verify an active phone number for the county he registred.

It is just pointless and creates a blocker to complete the registration process for several freelancers that travel around the world.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to hear your opinion on that matter and hopefully solve the problem ASAP.

Thank you in advance for your support guys.

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
19 of 26

Hi Sherif,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion with us. I already sent your feedback to our team for consideration. Additionally, your country has been updated to Italy as per your request. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Peter J Member Since: Nov 17, 2019
20 of 26

Hello, i cant receive a sms-code on my phone number, because it was blocked. I want to change number but upwork dont give me that oppurtunity, please help me to change my phone number, otherwise i can not complete registration, thanks